The Rainbow Stick Story

"I do not advocate violence. I advocate peace, and then just when my opponent believes me I punch them in the face."

Buster Guru

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Warning: I'm tired. I tried.

Beta:

( 。◕‿‿  ◕。)

I couldn't resist grinning back at him. "We—We've met before."

"Too many times to count by now," Madara commented, tossing the sword away and moving towards me. "Do you remember them all this life, I wonder?"

"I don't know. Kind of? I mean I know about them, I was Nao, Mia, Miwako, Naasica, and—"

"Do you remember being Sasori?"

I blinked. "Sasori?" Then I gasped. "I get to be reborn as my boy toy?!"

Madara's lips twitched and he closed his eyes as he shook his head. "Not exactly... This must be the life right before Sasori, then. Heh."

He had reached me by that point, towering over me. He reeked of blood and death, and his Sharingan eyes were spinning idly. Most people would have been terrified out of their mind but not me. My heart swelled and I reached towards him, gently touching his cheek. "You can remember meeting me?"

"This time, yes," Madara said, allowing me to touch him. "There's only one Madara, after all. You're in the same world, simply resetting it over and over. When we met in your earlier life as Nao I didn't realize what I'd gotten myself into."

I smiled at him with every bit of affection I felt towards him.

"But death isn't the end for us," he said quietly. "Certainly not for you. In this state of undeath I have the memories, but I won't in life."

"You know I love you, right?"

"I know."

"I can't let you win this war."

"I'm fine with that," he said then shifted. "That being said I still have a role to play as the villain. They're working so hard to defeat me, aren't they? This'll be my last chance to toy with Hashi."

"Hashi-washi?"

"Hashi-washi."

The two of us stared at one another for a while longer, both smiling. I felt like I was in the presence of an old and long-time dear friend.

(First companion, then family, then teacher, then—)

He took my hand, holding it on his own. Then he took a deep breath and dug his fist in my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. There was a sharp pain in the back of my neck and all I knew was darkness.

( 。◕‿‿  ◕。)

I woke up effectively tied up and sitting beside Madara while a clone of Hashirama sat opposite us with a smile on his face.

I was leaning on Madara, practically curled into his side, and feeling disoriented. Then everything rushed back to me and I let out a groan. "Ugh. You knocked me out?"

"Hey Sasori," Hashirama greeted me enthusiastically, scooting closer towards us. "Or, uh, Sakura now, right?"

"For now," I told him, looking around. "Wait—is that Obito as the Juubi jinchuuriki?"

"Yeah," Madara and Hashirama answered for me.

Madara undid my bindings, neatly cutting the rope with a kunai. "Once he's defeated I'll release the seal I had placed over his heart. He'll perform that mass resurrection, effectively undoing everything, and I'll miraculously run out of power and disappear. End of the war and temporary peace is forged between the villages. Etc, etc."