[21] the one with Marissa Eves

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING (please don't read if you are easily affected by mentions of r*pe and other things) ⚠️

a/n hey yall, i know i haven't been here for a while!! this chapter is gonna have a little angst... i know yall want Marissa to be happy i promise you i want that too :") this is gonna be a short one! ill write more i promise.

I don't know what to do with myself.

Marissa Eves took the train home herself. Tears were welling in her eyes. The only thing she could see was Kati Lopez falling into that ginger's arms. 

What am I supposed to do?

Her phone started ringing. Marissa dried her eyes, sniffling softly. 

"Marissa!!"

"Button?"

"You won't believe what just happened. I just went on a date with Tee!!"

"That's... really great, Kati."

"He's amazing, Mari... I can't even begin to describe it."

"I'm really happy for you, button."

"Thanks, Mars. I'm gonna turn in, I'm seriously tired... Night, girl."

"Night."

Marissa Eves had never felt so defeated. She dragged her feet to Kati's house, weak and upset. Kati Lopez would never reciprocate what she felt. 

Marissa Eves was not a force to be dealt with. In elementary school, she beat up anyone who would try to tell her a kid shouldn't be wearing makeup. She was your typical rom-com best friend. She was a biker, she didn't seem to be loyal to anyone, and her grades were terrible. 

There were many reasons why Marissa Eves became the cold-hearted girl she was. Perhaps one of them the most obvious. Marissa Eves wasn't able to sleep without feeling the touch of a stranger she didn't know on her inner thighs. Marissa Eves wasn't able to close her eyes without remembering the hazy vision she had that night. Marissa Eves couldn't go anywhere without thinking about how she had felt. She was scared. She was alone. She had been taken advantage of. 

Marissa Eves was a rape victim. After that day, she swore to never be scared again. Yet, day after day, she found herself terrified. Terrified to lose Kati Lopez. 

Tears began to roll down Marissa's cheeks. She was never scared. She wasn't weak. And here she was. Terrified.

🖤

Kati's boy is calling...