He smile.

Chapter 1

Everything felt light. It seemed unreal, but there it was. Our biggest enemy was looking over the wall. Everything was silent. Nobody moved. Too scared. I was too scared. My body trembled and my vision became a blur. I felt water roll down my cheeks. I felt light. Everything felt light. As light as a feather falling down to the ground. I looked at my hands as tears fell down my cheeks like a stream of water falling to the ocean.

Yes, I know about the ocean. I know about the mountains, the rivers, the jungle and more. I know how the ocean is endless. Nobody knows that. Nobody is supposed to. It is forbidden to know about the outside world. But I... always knew.

I didn't know for how long I been staring at my hands, but the touch of someone else grabbing one of my hands and pulling away from the walls had snapped me out of my daze. I slowly looked at the owner of the hand trying to pull me. I felt ... safe. It was a boy with golden locks and seems to be around my age. He seemed to be saying something but I couldn't hear. He pulled me, and I don't know how many times, but I wouldn't move. He came closer to me and started to shake me violently while telling me something. I don't know how long we had been standing there, but the sudden shaking of the ground shot some sense into me. As I looked closer to the boy, I realized he seemed, no... he is petrified. I turned around too fast to even register what I was seeing. There it was. It was too late. I hadn't realized what was happening. Everyone was dying. The boy tugged my shoulder as the shaking of the ground started to become more violent. He grabs my hand again and pulled me away from the incoming invader. Even though I did not know, I was shaking. My body moved on its own and followed the boy. We ran. Everyone ran. Everyone seemed to be screaming, but I couldn't hear. We ran. The boy tightens his grip as people pushed others. We were getting closer to the boats where an old man was waiting for someone. The old man waved his arms as he seemed to hurry someone. The old man was tall, about 5' 6" or so. The boy pulled me alongside him and started to run a tad faster. I could barely keep up with him. As we got closer to the old man, the boy stretches his other hand to grab the old man's outstretched arm. When both locked hands, the old man pulled us closer to him as we waited for another boat to arrive. The boy never let go of my hand nor uttered a single word. The only thing I could do is stare at the boy. His gold locks blocked his eyes but I could tell they were filled with worry. He seemed familiar though, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Now the boy started to become frantic as his eyes wonder around looking for something? Or Someone? The boy grips my hand to reassure I was still there. He never looked at me, but he never let go of my hand. All I could do is look at him silently. The old man grips my shoulder as he led us to the boat. I looked at the old man to see his features. As he felt my gaze towards him, he looked me straight in the eye and smiled calmly. It was odd. In a situation like this anyone would be scared out of their wits. But he smile.