Chapter 1

"Fuck that bitch!" yells Pernille as she skids into a roll on the fresh cut grass.

"Just let it go, come on," says Theresa, leaning down to help Pernille up.

Swatting Theresa's hand away, "I'm fine!" retorts Pernille, getting up on her own and brushing off the dirt and grass on her uniform.

It's the third time the blonde had grazed by Pernille, purposefully making contact and knocking Pernille down.

But Pernille didn't let it go and looks back to yell at the referee. "Come on Ref! That's a foul!"

Putting his hand up and blowing the whistle, the referee cautions Pernille, touching the yellow card with his other hand. Pernille's about it let it go until the blonde approaches with piercing eyes and a disdainful look.

"That wasn't a foul. It's not my fault you're so weak," the blonde taunts.

That did it.

Pernille looks at the blonde's dead in the eyes, explodes past the referee, and spits in her face. Instinctively, the blonde shoves Pernille in the shoulders and all hell breaks loose as the Captains from both teams go at it, continually shoving and trading profanity filled insults.

"Fuck you, you fucking bitch!" exclaims Pernille.

"Fuck you too!"

Leading 1-0, the blonde had picked the ball from Pernille, passed it to a teammate who scored.

Thankfully, before any punches are thrown, both coaches retrieve their respective Captains. They continue to shout at each other from across the field despite the referee's whistles. It's beyond embarrassing for both sides as both Captains are red carded and receive an expulsion from the game. And not just any game, the Scandinavian Cup Championship game.

-

Name: Pernille Harder

Nationality: Danish

Title: Captain on the U19 National Team

Barging into the locker room after Pernille received a mouthful from her coach, is her teammate and best friend, Theresa.

"What the hell is wrong with you Pernille!?"

Pernille replies, shaking her head, "I don't know T. That girl just pissed me the fuck off. Fucking walks around like she's the shit."

"I've never seen you like that. You're lucky to even be keeping your scholarship."

Considering it was the last game of the tournament, a suspension would serve no use unless carried into the following U19 games. It was Pernille's first and only infraction in her history of playing, so the referees decided to let this incident go, fulling knowing that a report could affect the blonde's scholarship status.

"I know," Pernille says sternly.

"Fuck dude, we could have won with you on the field. The stupid score stayed at 1-0 after you left."

"I know that too!" Pernille says remorsefully. "Just, leave me alone."

Pernille Harder is usually known for her easy-going, friendly, and level headed attitude. But at that moment, it had turned to rage, resentment, and irrationality. The blonde had a profound effect on her, provoking a type of abhorrence that Pernille didn't know she was capable of. Watching the blonde bark orders like a commander in charge of a squad of troops, Pernille decided it was a dictator type leadership style that she immensely disagreed. Pernille was a democratic leader, staying silent to hear her teammates out before deciding. For whatever reason, the blonde embodied a high class of arrogance that crawled under Pernille's skin.

-

Name: Magdalena Eriksson

Nationality: Swedish

Title: Captain on the U19 National Team

"What the hell is wrong with you Magda?! I've never seen you like that," says Fridolina, Magdas's best friend and teammate, after Magda received a lengthy verbal reprimand from her coach.

"I don't know Frido. She just, fucking got to me," replies Magda.

"You know, you really put your scholarship for Linköping on the line with an act like that."

The referees had granted the same leniency for Magda.

"I know," replies Magda firmly.

"We could have at least beat them by two more goals if you hadn't gone rogue."

"Shut up, Frido. Just, leave," says Magda, throwing up both her hands and signaling Frido to go.

Magdalena Eriksson, distinguished for her mature, stoic, and rational characteristics transformed into an anger filled, vengeful, and illogical savage. Unknowingly, the blonde had stirred a form of animosity within Magda. Watching the blonde stand idly by as her team spoke around her, she displayed zero leadership skills. Magda prided herself in her ability to take charge and make difficult decisions, constantly stepping up to the plate to be a strong example for others. For whatever reason, the blonde was representative of anything but a team Captain, an embodiment of false entitlement and that got under Magda's skin.

-

Nevertheless, after that day, both Pernille and Magda pushed passed their humiliating outburst and left it behind them. Unbeknownst to each other, they both accepted a full scholarship to Linköping University and each considered themselves the star freshman player seeking to boost the team into a National Championship.