Fur, Fury & Fervor (Twenty-Three)

Although it was nearly three-thirty in the morning, Desiree soaked in a bubble bath instead of engaging in a sensible activity such as sleeping. Between the nightmares and tossing and turning, she thought a bath might calm her down. That and the short glass filled with vodka placed on the edge of the tub. Gripping it, she was about to take another sip when a knock caused her to instead toss the glass into the water, it's heaviness quickly causing it to sink. Fingers crossed that the person on the other side of the door wasn't her mother, she called out for them to enter. Desiree breathed a sigh of relief upon spotting her sibling.

Appearing as though she had awoken mere seconds ago, Larisa lifted an eyebrow while taking in the scene. "You know what time it is? Wake up sweaty?" A teasing grin found her mouth. "You're too young to endure hot flashes and too old for the female equivalent of a wet dream."

"Very funny." Smirking, Desiree felt the glass bump the side of her leg. Grabbing it she clamped it between her thighs while Larisa occupied the bath mat next to the tub. "How did you know I was awake?"

"I didn't. Happened to be walking by your door and--"

"Happened to be?" It was Desiree's turn for an eyebrow raise. "Are you the Love household night patrolwoman?"

"Hey, I prefer patrol person." She winked when her younger sibling laughed. "Had to empty my bladder and decided to check in on you before going back to bed." Noticing the light spilling from underneath the private bathroom, Larisa sat on the disheveled bed to wait. Once ten minutes passed she decided to knock. "So why are we taking a bath so early in the morning?" Swallowing a yawn, long fingers sifted through the messy dark locks framing her head.

"Slept fitfully so thought I'd try a warm bath." Arm stretched toward Larisa, she gently pinched her cheek leaving a bit of soap suds. "Thanks for thinking of me and stopping by, patrol person."

"All in a night's work, ma'am." Spotting a sponge, Larisa grabbed it, squirting a small amount of liquid soap within the middle and proceeded to knead until the sponge lathered. Indicating for Desiree to lean forward, she began washing her back just like she used to when her sister was a child, which never went smoothly since Desiree insisted that her bath wasn't complete until they were both soaked. Larisa was in the midst of rinsing when asked her opinion of Taj. "I like him."

"Yeah?"

"Uh huh."

"Did you enjoy having dinner with him at the hospital last night?"

"Sure. I enjoyed having dinner with you both." Expression turning curious, she handed the sponge back to Desiree and settled back on the floor with legs folded. Hands placed on the edge of the tub, she studied her. "Why do you ask?"

Desiree chose not to offer an answer. "He's good looking. Very good looking. Could be a model."

"Um...I agree..."

"Excellent cook too. Had the opportunity to taste the proof of his culinary skills at the cabin. How does that grab you?" Hoping that she appeared casual, Desiree began scrubbing her arms, shoulders and upper chest.

"I do appreciate eating..."

"Intelligent, kind, brave, humorous, charming..."

"Thought you were discussing Taj? How did you roll around to talking about," Larisa touched her own chest, "my attributes?"

"You're so funny in the wee hours of the morning. I've been thinking..." Stretching out in the tub, Desiree rested her neck against a rolled up towel. "What is your view on interracial relationships?"

"So that is where you're going."

Desiree innocently blinked. At least she thought she did. "Where am I going?"