6💛

Saturday night had practically came in a flash. Before Damon knew it, he was standing outside the now familiar bar, about to meet his bandmates for their gig. He wasn't exactly in a rush to get in there just yet, though.

"And you're sure you don't need me there?" Jamie asked for a final time, his voice echoing from the cell phone in Damon's hand.

"Really, Jamie. If those Oasis knobs can leave me alone it'll just be a normal night."

"Fine, fine. But don't forget I at least offered!"

"Don't worry, I'll remember."

As soon as he'd said his goodbyes and hung up, Damon slightly began to regret declining Jamie's offer. But it was too late now.

He'd just have to be fine.

Emitting a sigh he hoped would carry his anxiety out, he slipped his phone back into his pocket and walked through the door.

He was caught off guard by the sudden sight of his bandmates standing by the door waiting for him.

"Took you long enough! Come on!" Alex wasted no time greeting him, only to begin to walk away toward the stage, Dave following behind. Graham stayed put for a moment to properly greet the boy who had just entered.

"I'm happy you could make it." He smiled at Damon,

Damon smiled back, glancing to the side. "I wouldn't have missed it, after the shit-show we had yesterday over it."

Graham only giggled as they finally began to walk, quickly trying to catch up with the other two boys in their band.

"We aren't in this much of a hurry to see Oasis perform, are we?"

Graham shook his head. "We're in this much of a hurry because Oasis is almost finished performing."

"Ah. That'll do it."

He could hear the echoes all along the walls of what sounded like Liam singing into the microphone, backed by two guitars; rhythm and lead; and a set of drums laying down the beat for the song. Upon listening for a moment as they walked, Damon quickly realized that the band actually had a solid sound; they weren't awful to listen to. It was clear they knew what they were doing and knew how to do it right.

But then why did they have to be so obnoxious about it?

As soon as the boys had finally approached the stage, as if on cue, Oasis finished their song, the last guitar chord letting out one final echo through the building. The audience broke out into a chorus of applause. Damon and Graham only rolled their eyes. As the band began to depart, they made their way through the crowd of people standing watching the show until they reached the small staircase that led up to the stage, passing Liam as they walked up.

"Good fucking luck," he muttered cockily at Damon.

Damon nodded, smirking. "Yeah. You're gonna need it."

Liam only scoffed, walking away.

The two others in their quartet were already there waiting, taking the previous band's place. Alex was tuning his bass, Dave was looking for his drum sticks.

"So," Alex began, making quick and quiet small talk as he turned the tuning pegs. "You lot have fun on your date yesterday?"

Both Damon and Graham visibly flinched, looking at each other, then immediately looking away. "Oh, sod off, it wasn't a date!" Graham defended in a whisper-exclamation, a blush on his cheeks.

Damon's heart sank a little when he heard him say that, which surprised him.

Had he wanted it to be a date?