Chapter Two

"Please sit down kids." Says dad. "We have something important to tell you both." We sit down across them. They both have guilty looks.

"You two aren't actually twins." Mom starts off. "You were born on the same day but Jessica, you aren't our child. You're our God child. Your biological parents were the Betas of this pack but they died in the rogue attack right after you two were born." After that's said, everyone is quiet. I can't believe it. I'm adopted. I think to myself. I look around at everyone then run out of the house. I shift into my grey, white, and brown wolf, running as fast as I can. Tears blur my vision, and soon a run into a freaking tree.

I lay down and whimper in pain. How could they not tell us that I'm... I'm... adopted. I let out a painful howl, that rings through the whole forest. A pure black, grey, and brown wolf walks over to me. Caleb. He lay down next to me, nudging my shoulder. "Leave me alone Caleb. I'm not your sister, so you don't have to comfort me." I say through our mind link.

"Not true. I love you just as much as I would a real sister. Maybe even more." At that I glance at him. I see he's telling the truth in his handsome grey eyes. Wait did I say handsome? I wipe that from my mind and come back to reality.

"That's good, because if you didn't... I would be your worst nightmare." I joke. He chuckles.

"Well that's good. Come on. I think it's time I give you your present." With that said, we stand up, and run back to the house. Our wolfs are very rare. Usually wolves have either one, or two colors in their fur, but we have three. Once at the house we walk through the back, sliding doors, and up the stairs to change. I grab his present then run to our secret tree house in the woods.

He beat me there, and I hand him five dollars. Rule is if the other person gets there before you, then you have to give them five dollars. I sit next to him, and we exchange our gifts. I open mine and find a pocket knife on a chain to hang around your neck. On the side it says:

Protect our Family

"It's for your mate when you find him." Says Caleb. I smile, and hug him. He holds up the locket.

"That is also for you mate. When you find her of course. It means you will always be in my heart." He smiles.

"Guess what I brought?" He smiles evilly.

"What?"

"4 jars of Nutella, marshmallows, gram crackers, and a fire." I smile.

"Let's eat." He brings everything over and we have the best night ever. Laughing, talking and just having fun. We fall asleep just before midnight. Tomorrow is going to be one heck if a day.

ΞξΞ

I wake up all by myself. I find a letter next to me, and read it.

Jess,

Dad called me for important pack business, and I didn't want to wake you. I left you a apple to eat, and I'll meet you back at the house.

Caleb

I smile at that. He's always taking care of me. I eat the apple and head back to the house. As I enter I see mom waiting in the living room. "Honey can we talk?" She asks. I nod my head and sit on the couch. "I know you might not forgive us for not telling you sooner, but I hope that you will not stay mad at us."

"Mom I know why you kept it a secret for so long. You just didn't want me to run away or get hurt. I forgive you." She hugs me and we eat fresh, homemade cookies. She makes the best. We watch TV for a while before she has to go to work. I know know, they are the alpha and Luna, but they still need to have money to keep the pack running. Mom is a CEO of a major magazine and dad is a inventor. Mom make most of the money. When we were old enough they started leaving us alone and we got into some tricky situations, like this one time, me and Caleb were home and we got in a fight over who got the jar of Nutella over the apples mom had set out for us to eat. We didn't know that she meant we could have the Nutella with the apple so we sorta, almost tore the house down fighting. So not my fault. I wanted to split it fair and square but he was greedy and stole the precious Nutella. We had a strength phase and it went horrible that day. I go to my room and put the necklace on and grab my keys. I grab my gym bag on the way out and drive to the gym.

Working out always helps me clear my head of the past few days events. I am the co-owner of the gym. Mom told us to find a place to let our anger out and we decided, why not a gym. We just 'borrowed' some money from our parents, and built the gym in a old factory that had gone out of business just recently. We get good money out of it. We have a VIP area for werewolves, and just a regular gym for the humans. Humans who know we exist can become VIP, but you have to know a secret symbol to put at the top of the paper to get in. i pass by the security guard and smile. He smiles back and waves. "Good morning miss. How is your day?"

"Good, and I told you a million times to stop calling me that Lance. You can call me Jessica." I stop in front of him.

"I'm sorry mi-, I mean Jessica."

"Is my brother here?"

"Yes he is, but he is still in a meeting with your father." I nod.

"Thank you Lance. I'll be in the training room if he asks." He nods his head and i close the door to train. We have a shooting range for anything that flies through the air, dummies to practice hand to hand, first aid station to give you some knowledge of healing. Basically everything to help you survive in different situations. I pass a punching bag and stop. There is a strong scent of smoke and earthy aromas in the area and my wolf is pacing in the back of my head.

"What's the matter Crystal?"

"Nothing, the smell is just making me nervous." I shrug.

"Okay." I open the door to the training area to find a group of girls gossiping in the corner. They are the same girls that were chasing Caleb. I walk over and stand on front of them. They are so involved with gossiping that they don't see me. I pull out an air horn from my gym bag and press the button. Screaming the girls huddled together.

"What are you girls doing in my gym?" I ask calmly. A girl with platinum blond hair comes forward and flashes her wolf eyes at me. She must be the leader.

"We are here to work out. We just got done with running for 10 minutes and needed a break." She says and crosses her arms.

"And how far did you run?"

"About half a mile." I laugh out loud.

"Are you kidding me. I know many many many more people who could run five miles in ten minutes. If you are not going to train and just gossip. Get out of my gym." She throws a fit.

"But you can't do that! I'm going to be the next Luna of this pack and you need to treat me with respect." She all but sneers at me.

"Oh really. Has my brother found his mate yet?"

"No but when he comes out of that meeting, he is going to find out that I'm his mate and no one will be surprised." My wolf growls at her.

"Get this whore out of our gym. I can't stand her stench anymore." I grab her by the hair and drag her out of the room. As I walk out, the door to the meeting room opens and out walks dad and Caleb. The same smell assaults my nose and my wolf pushes me to run over there. Caleb sniffs the air and looks over at us. His eyes land on the slut and growls at her. Not a protective growl but one that sends her to submit.

He finally locks eyes with me and whispers the one word that makes shivers run down my spine.

"Mine."

>>
Vote
Comment
Follow
Picture of Caleb