Chapter 7

A week later me, Caleb, Hazel, and Mikey are on our way to a cabin in in the Rocky Mountains. Right now Hazel and I are in the back of the truck watching Hansel and Gretel. "Kill the bitch!" We yell suddenly, making Caleb jerk the steering wheel.

"What the hell guy's! What have I told you about yelling in the car when I drive?" We look down at our feet.

"You told us don't or no more movies. We just couldn't not yell out though! That bitch needed to die!" Exclaims Hazel.

"Give me the DVD player girls." Mickey orders and holds out his hand. we sigh and hand over the precious DVD player.

"Wake us up when we get there." We say at the same time and lay down on the seat passing out.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Jess...Jess... Jessica, wake up." I swat at the person and smack their hand off my shoulder. Rolling over I go back to sleep listening to the voices talk.

"Dude let's just leave them to sleep. You know what's going to happen soon and they need all the rest they can get." I feel myself get picked up and millions of sparks go off from where I am touching his arms. Right away I snuggle in and grabs Caleb's shirt.

"I don't want her to go through the pain. Knowing Jessica, it can turn out badly for everyone including herself." He lays me down on a bed and I feel something or someone layed down beside me. I start to feel hot and turn over.

"I think it's a good thing we took this vacation. We are the only ones going to be in danger from the next Queen witch and not the pack. I would take that risk any day." It is so hot in here! I need something to drink or I will die from it.

"Yeah.... I think we should try to wake them up again and tell them-

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!" I scream out in pain. "Caleb! It hurts!" I cry out in pain.

"Ahhhhh!!!!" Yells Hazel and she starts thrashing around on the bed.

"Mikey, you take Hazel into the other room and help her through the royal heat. I will take care of Jessica in here!" Caleb yells just as I open my eyes to see what going on with me. My body looks fine but it feels like I have flames all over my body burning me. Hazel stops screaming and whimpers as Mikey moves her to the other room like Caleb told him to.

"Caleb!!!!!" I yell out as another spike of hot pain flows through my chest. I involuntarily Summon water and splash it on me but that makes it worse.

(Caleb)

I rush to her side and cradle her in my arms as fast as I could to kill as much pain as I can. "Jessica, I'm right here. Hold on tight. It will be over soon." I can't belive this is happening. The queen just had to have her last heat today. I look down at Jessica whimpering in my arms and think... could she be the next Queen if our present Queen is to fail in producing a pup? I cradle Jess in my arms. I don't even care if she is wet from the water she splashed on herself.

"Caleb! Hazels heat has stopped and is passed out now. What about Jess?" I sigh.

"She still has hers. She even tried to splash herself with water to cool down." I feel an ach start in my stomach and it wont go away. "You know they say that if your mates heat doesn't stop after 5 minutes then they are in the running to become the next Queen if she fails to produce an heir. Just our luck that Jessica is already a powerful Queen that will take over the witch throne but if she is picked can she handle both crowns?" Jessica cries out and I pull her closer to me, trying to absorb all of her pain away from her.

"The queen has thirty minutes until the next royal couple will be chosen. If she does not carry a pup by then, then we will see who is destined to be the new royals." He walks out of the room and leaves me and Jessica to wait the thirty minutes. So long. It took so long. I cried every time she screamed out in pain.

"I want to take away all of your pain so badly." I hold her closer and lean my head head in the crook of her neck. It felt like days had gone by before the thirty minutes were about to expire.

"Caleb." She whimpers. It's will be all over soon. Just hold on for a few more minutes. Eternity is what the last few minutes of her heat felt like. The worst part of the royal heat. the deciding of the next Queen and King of the werewolves. When she finally stops shaking I look at her face to find her opening her eyes and in the next second attack me in a ferocious kiss.

(Jessica)

I kiss Caleb with all my might and hug him. 'What in the seven hells happened?' I mentally ask him. he hugs me tighter.

"The reigning Queen's last heat. You were in the running to become the next Queen if she failed to produce and heir. I don't know what happened and if you are the next Queen but we will find out sooner then later. I just want to hold you and keep you safe." He pulls us both down on the bed and pulls me so close that out clothes are the only thing separating us.

"How will we know if she is still the queen?" He sighs.

"I don't know." He goes to say more but at that time Hazel and Mikey come in and Hazel jumps on me. Well more like us with how close Caleb and I are holding each other.

"I was so scared for you. I heard what can happen to people when it happens to them. I'm so glad that you are okay. " she rambles out before Mikey picks her up and holds her to her chest. We all just stay there before Caleb turns on the radio station for werewolves and we listen for the announcement on the queen and how to find out who is the next Queen if the she failed.

"... and now the announcement on the reigning Queens last heat outcome."

We hold our breaths and wait to hear the Kings announcement.

"Citizens of the werewolf community. As you know, just a few minutes ago the reigning Queen, my wife Elizabeth has just had her last heat resulting in a world wide heat for every she-wolf who has found her mate. With this information we are to tell you this heat was to find the new Queen and King if we failed to produce an heir to the throne. This was no ordinary heat as you could tell. Mating with your mate would not help relive the pain. I know this has made you all hurt knowing you could not take away her pain and I am very sorry that this had to happen. today we will announce th- the new King and Queen of the werewolves." Gaps could be heard and cries of shock. I looked at Caleb and he just holds me closer. "Quiet please." The king asks. "As our last act of King and Queen, it is our job to tell you who will be ascending the throne next. My wife will announce their names and tell what is going to happen." There is a quiet moment before the Queen speaks.

"Hello everyone, as my husband said I will announce their names but not before I tell everyone what is going to happen. I will tell you the names that were given to them by the Moon Goddess the day they were born. it will not be their actual names but they will feel a strong pull when they hear their names. When this happens they will need to come to the palace immediately to take over. Now will Rosa Nightingale..." I feel a pull at my heart at the name and stand up. "... and Joshua Hellfire..." Caleb rises next to me and we have astonished looks on our faces. "...rise and follow the path the Moon Goddess has given to you."

"Guys..." Mikey Starts. "... are you the new King and Queen?"

*****

Here ya guys go. I finally got the part published for your enjoyment.

Hope ya do enjoy!

WOW_GIRL29