Chapter One

Because you know I'm all about that bass

About that bass

No tre-

I shut off my alarm clock and get out of bed. I take a quick hot shower and put on fresh clothes. I have exactly 48 hours till my twins birthday and I have to get him something that is better then last years. I grab my phone and purse and run down the stairs to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. I turn around a corner and run right into the devil himself. My twin Caleb.

"Woah watch it sis. What's got you in a hurry?" I roll my eyes at him and stand back up.

"Like you can't guess." I say, and shove his shoulder with my own. He just smiles, and wraps his arm around my shoulders. We walk into the kitchen to find mom, dad, and our little brother Jack. He's only a year and a half younger then us, but he thinks he's the boss of us. We sit down, and mom sets a plate of yummy food in front of us. Steak, eggs, and rice. I reach for the butter at the same time as Caleb and we glare at each other. 'That's mine. I touched it first.' I mind link him.

'No its mine. I touched it first.' With that said we start arguing in the mind link. Just as I'm about to launch over the table at him, mom clears her throat. "Sorry mom." We both mumble and go back to our respected corners. I mix in soy sauce and butter in my rice then mix in my egg. I salt it and the steak and then finally dig in. I know I'm weird but I'm not the only weird one in my family.

Jack puts hot sauce and soy sauce on his rice. Yuck! I scarf it down and quickly wash my plate. I grab my jean jacket and jump into my Ford 4x4 150 blue truck. I trow my bag on the passenger seat, buckle in and drive off to the nearest mall.

ΞξΞ

I have been to almost all the freaking stores in the mall and I still have not found anything that he would like for his 18th birthday. Well except to find his mate and love her for the rest of his life. Light bulb! I can get him something to give his mate. I run over to the jewelry store and start looking around for the perfect thing. I see a oval, silver locket in the display and inside I see Greek writing that says,

"θα είναι πάντα στην καρδιά μου"

You will always be in my heart. I smile at that, and call a employe over. She was pretty. Blond with a small figure. "Yes how may I help you?"

"I was wondering if I could buy this beautiful locket today." She wrings her hands.

"I'm sorry but another customer is asking if we could hold this for her. I'm sorry."

"How much are they willing to buy it for?" I ask.

"The cut down price. $69.99 but the full price is $155.89. If your willing to outbid that person." Ah it's a bargain she wants. Well she'll get one.

"Well how about I give you $100.00 for it." She thinks about it for a while before she nods her head.

"You got a deal. Let me get a box for this and then head the the check out." I nod and head straight for the checkout because I know my brother is here somewhere, and I want to get out before we see each other. Well more like each others presents. I nod my head in thanks and hand her the money. I walk into the food court and see a group of girls around my brother.

I duck behind a trashcan before he can see what I bought him. I peak around the corner to see him running out of the food court with a mob of girls trailing after him. Thank my lucky stars that I'm not him. I stand back up and walk out to my truck. I drive to a gas station a grab a coffee and a cheese burger. I walk back out to find Caleb crouching behind my truck.

"Still hiding from you fan club?" I ask making him jump a foot into the air.

"Shite! Sis, you know I don't like it when you sneak up on me. I can't hear you, you little ninja."

"Hey I'm only 2 minutes younger then you so shut it. Need a ride?" He nods his head yes and I see the group of girls coming this way. "Jump in the back seat if you want to live." I mumble. He looks at me then to where I'm staring. He gladly does while I start the truck. Once started, I drive off not even paying attention to the speed limit till a mile away from the gas station. I look behind me to see if my twin is alright. He's laying on my floor trying not to be noticed. He's bulky so he would be seen if he was to lay on the seat.

"I'm squished." He stated and I laughed out loud.

"Couldn't guess that bro. So did you find me a present?" I asked letting my curiosity take over. He laughs and nods his head.

"But you won't get it till I give it to you. Did you get mine?" I glare at him. "I'll take that as a yes. I drive into our driveway and park. He jumps out and runs into the house. I grab my purse and the necklace box. I walk inside to find mom and dad sitting on the couch waiting for me and Caleb.

>>
Vote
Follow
Comment
Picture is of Jessica