Chapter 14

"So, you're going to need at least a pair of heels," Alice muttered to herself.

"Alice," Kamber pointed out, chuckling softly, "it's just a day trip! We won't even need to stay anywhere! I don't even need to pack a suitcase."
Alice looked up from the list she was writing of the things Kamber needed to pack for her Wisconsin trip, "Says who? I might just have Jasper 'accidently' lose your plane tickets back so you two have to spend the night!"
Rose's head perked up right away at that. She was seated at the counter with Hermione and Nevaeh sitting on either side of her, drawing with crayons (which she had forced Emmett to run to the store and get) while Vanessa sat on her lap. The little girl's long hair was half braided into pigtails and Rose was halfway through braiding the second one when she looked up.

"As much as I second the vote for ensuring Kamber's future as our sister-in-law, I think that is a little much Alice."
Kamber looked between the two girls in puzzlement. She wasn't quite sure what was going on and didn't really understand what they were talking about until Eustace spoke up from where he was playing chess with Jasper.

"You're getting married to Edward sis?"
Kamber's face at once turned a beet red and she began to sweat, "What? When did you... I never... what?"
There was the sound of chuckling and everyone turned to see that Emmett, Vince and Glynn had appeared in the doorway, all three of them looking like they had been thrown against a few things but all three of them laughing.

"Just a joke sis," Vince told the girl, wrapping his arms around his sister, "Just a joke."
"That might be a joke," Jasper spoke up from his spot on the floor, "But are Edward's eyes black?"
Everyone spun around to see that Edward had descended the stairs. He was standing on the bottom step, one hand on the rail with a perplexed look on his face. However, it was clear as day what Jasper was talking about. Rather than the golden or pale brown color, his eyes were jet black.

"Edward, you need to feed!" Emmett said, closing the front door, "You cannot go to Wisconsin without feeding!"
"We're leaving in an hour for the airport Emmett," Edward pointed out. "It's fine. If I try to feed before we leave, I won't have time."
"Then just cancel the trip to Wisconsin and go in a few days," Alice suggested. I'll refund the tickets and schedule another flight in three days!"
Edward shook his head, "the only hotel within fifty miles of the address won't have another opening for a week."

"Then I'll go alone," Kamber remarked aloud, "I don't have to feed."
Edward was across the room in a manner of milliseconds and had grabbed Kamber by the arms and was looking into her face intensely.

"NO!" he cried, "Kamber you can't!"
"Why not?" the girl asked, completely puzzled at his outburst, "We'll refund one of the tickets and...."

"No!" Edward replied again, almost urgently, "You cannot go alone."
Kamber at first thought that his reasons were because he didn't want to be left out but then she realized that he was merely concerned about her going to a strange place alone. Smiling sweetly, she nodded and Edward at once relaxed.

"Well," Esme said, clapping her hands and announcing her and Carlisle's appearance, "Now that is all cleared up, since you two will not be traveling this week, Mr. and Mrs. Vicasi invited us on a double date tomorrow night."
A smirk appeared on Rose's face and placing Vanessa on a chair, rose to her feet and stood next to Emmett, "Jasper, Alice. We have a surprise for you."
The two exchanged knowing looks before Rose held out an envelope. Alice opened it and gasped.

"Tickets to Alaska!" Rose cheered, "It's you and Jasper's anniversary this weekend! We're leaving in the morning! WE invited Vince and Glynn to come along!"
"NO WAY!" Alice chirped, rushing over to hug her two adopted siblings.

Just then, Zayne's eyes widened, "But... tomorrow we're going over for a sleepover with Jacob."

"That do...." Rose started but Emmett cut her off with a peck on the cheek.