Chapter 5

Edward flew into the house and straight upstairs. He slammed his bedroom door closed and plopped down on the couch. How was this possible? He had shown Jacob the articles which he had printed off and Jacob had confirmed that the woman in the picture was Charity Uley, Sam's long dead, banished sister... and the man who was supposed to be Hamilton Vicasi.... was David Vicasi, the man she had fallen in love with and had run away with.

Edward had asked Jacob if he knew why Sam banished Charity but Jacob said that he didn't and that Sam never talked about it. The young vampire yelled in anger and threw the article across the room in a fury. Why was this driving him insane? Why did he find himself helplessly attracted to a girl who was the daughter of a possible werewolf? Why couldn't he read any of the Vicasi children's minds, or the mind of their father. What was it about them that he couldn't get out of his mind? Why did Sam say that Charity died in a car crash? Was that a lie or did Charity fake it? WHat's more, why did Sam banish her for loving a man?

Groaning, Edward flopped onto his stomach and closed his eyes. He never really closed his eyes but now he did it to clear his head. He let out a deep breath to clear his mind and sighed. What was going on with him?

Edward glanced across the room at the pile of papers that he had thrown and something caught his eye.... it was the picture of David.... or Hamilton.... gosh that was confusing! Furrowing his brow, Edward sat up and picked up the piece of paper, studying the picture. If the picture was of Hamilton Vicasi.... but Jacob confirmed him as David.... could that have meant that David had a son without anyone knowing it and he grew up to be Hamilton? But how did Hamilton end up getting married to his father's lover? that didn't make sense....and it was crazy scary how much they looked alike. Wouldn't Hamilton have picked up some of his mother's features? Unless.....

Edward sat up straight and ran his fingers through his perfect copper hair. No no no no no no.... how was that possible? It was impossible! Where did the Vicasi kids come from if that was the case? Why would Charity Uley fall in love with him if that was the case? How did she fall in love with him? But it all made sense! That would explain the features... the perfect features, the perfect hair and piercing eyes.... the pale skin....and not being able to read Mr. Vicasi's mind....

David and Hamilton Vicasi weren't related..... they were one and the same person! David faked his death so that he could live in peace from his father... and changed his name to Hamilton and married Charity.... the reason why he looked like he wasn't centuries old....was because he had never aged after he turned thirty-nine.... he was a vampire!

HEY THERE! I know this is a short chapter but I just had to get this point over:) Enjoy!