Liddell, Gale and Darling

Working at an asylum has its challenges since every patient is vastly different. Yet, three young women in particular made me question my qualifications as a doctor.

First there was Miss Alice Liddell. Good looking, middle class and insane. She tells stories about childish things like bread and butterflies and biscuits that make you grow and shrink. She's obsessed with the game of chess, more specifically the queen piece. I've seen her smother china plates with jam and try to drink tea out of broken cups.  I honestly think she was dropped on her head as a child. One important thing to note about miss Liddell is that she is terrified of rabbits, white ones especially.

Now miss Dorothy Gale, she also was a strange one to grasp. It's amazing how a rural girl like herself could come up with such nonsense. I learnt the hard way that she should never come into contact with the colour green. Can't imagine why. She rattles on about ruby slippers and talking scarecrows. She is often found asking doctors and nurses whether they are good or bad witches. One day there was a cat sat on her window sill, and one nurse claimed that they caught her referring to it as a lion and asked where the tinman was. Miss Gale is certainly not in the sane world anymore.

Lastly miss Wendy Darling. Such a fine upbringing she had as well. Her parents brought her in after she went missing for three whole nights. She claims she was off in some neverland with a boy that could fly. All windows must be locked and bolted around her, she's terrified of the things. Now miss Darling claimed she was nearly murdered by a bunch of pirates, but she also states she flew across the sky and even made friends with a small pixie. She often refuses medication claiming a certain pirate captain will have poisoned it if she were to take a sip. I can say with certainty that Miss Darling is definitely off with the fairies.

Perhaps I should re think my occupation after all.