5. Chicken Nuggets

Chapter 5: Chicken nuggets

Before I wrote this chapter I spent half an hour talking to myself as if I was talking to you guys. I have reached a new low.

This took a long time and i am sorry. 

The look on Stacey’s face was priceless. Hunter and Cody were both surprised as well. Hunter couldn’t believe he had let that slip out of his mouth and Cody was repeating his words multiple times in his head as Stacey stormed out of the café, coffee in hand.

‘Boyfriend.’

Hunter had called him his boyfriend. Cody couldn’t explain the feelings going through his body at that moment. He was overwhelmed. His stomach felt all fuzzy and his head was a little light. He knew that Hunter was just defending him but now he had something to think about whenever he was sad: he would always know that one day a boy who looked like he had been carved by the gods had called him his boyfriend.

“B-boyfriend?”

“Yeah, sorry cutie.” At this point both the boys cheeks were flushed pink with embarrassment.

‘Sorry.’ Cody knew it was a mistake but to hear him apologise made his gut sink.

“N-no it’s ok. I mean how could you ever be my boyfriend?” Cody said with a shaky laugh trying to act nonchalant about the situation.

Hunter immediately frowned at the watery-eyed boy in front of him. It saddened him to think that Cody thought that he wasn’t good enough for him because he was. In Hunter’s eyes Cody was beautiful.

“Hey, cutie, don’t be like that.” Hunter placed his hand on Cody’s cheek wiping a tear away with his thumb.

“I wasn’t apologizing for calling you my boyfriend. I was apologizing because I don’t know why I haven’t asked you out yet. I mean I’ve been flirting with you all this time.” Hunter closed his eyes and sighed. He wasn’t normally one to ramble.

“What I’m trying to say is, would you like to go on a date with me on Friday?”

To say that Cody was surprised would be a massive understatement but after hearing the hazel-eyed boy ask him out he felt elated. Someone actually likes him. Him. The chubby boy that always watched his brother chat up girls, the boy that was eighteen but had never been kissed and in his mind he never was but now Hunter wanted to go on a date with him on Friday and this might just be the best day of Cody’s life.

“Of course I would.” Cody replied his smile so wide it hurt.

“So, cutie I guess you should give me your number.” Hunter smirked back to his usual self.

.

Cody was sitting down at the McDonalds stuffing his face with chicken nuggets while Olivia slowly munched through one of his fries - she was on a diet. Cody loved Olivia and all but sometimes she could unintentionally make him feel like a slob.

“Shut up!” Livy exclaimed in shock.

“No he really asked me out.” Cody blushed at his friend’s surprise.