9. Pancakes

I'M BACK BITCHES!!! Exams are over and I'm ready to write.

Chapter 9: Pancakes

Cody was on an all time high, he couldn't believe his life was real at the moment. After his date with Hunter, the new couple had become near inseparable. Cody always spent his lunch breaks at the café and Hunter always picked Cody up from college. There were no words that could express his feelings towards Hunter, he felt truly honored to have this boy in his life – if only he believed that Hunter felt the same.

The two boys were currently making their way out of Oxford Circus tube station so that they could have lunch at 'The Breakfast Club', a restaurant based on the film that Hunter had been raving about to Cody all week. Now that Hunter had the day off the two had made their way into central London so Cody could sample 'The Breakfast Club' s amazing breakfast food.

Hunter took Cody's hand in his, leading him through the dense London crowds and listening to Cody tell him a funny story about college. Hunter found Cody hilarious, he loved watching Cody tell funny stories; Cody's voice would always get slightly higher as he approached the highlight and he tried not to laugh, his blue eyes would sparkle and crinkle at the edges as he burst into a smile and he never failed to make Hunter laugh.

"So Livy was just left standing there all red and I could not stop laughing!"

"You two are always getting into odd situations, I'm starting to think you shouldn't be left alone" Hunter smiled.

"Yeah, but I think I'm the more sensible one...unless a boy is involved then I just turn into a bumbling idiot"

"Well you won't have to worry about that now I hope"

Cody blushed "Well I'm still not used to hanging out with you so I'm not too sure"

As Hunter walked at Cody's side and looked down every so often to observe his boyfriends features, he couldn't stop the fuzzy feeling in his stomach and how his hand felt hypersensitive because his partner's hand was in his. Hunter looked Cody up and down appreciating his outfit of the day, Cody had started wearing tight skinny jeans a lot more often and Hunter definitely wasn't complaining.

The two boys finally arrived at the small café and luckily didn't have to wait in line for a table. Hunter and Cody sat down at a small wooden table, Cody looking around at his surroundings taking it all in for the first time. The walls were painted a bright yellow with dark brown wood paneling and were scattered with road signs and retro posters, fairy lights strung along the edges of the room. The café was packed with customers yet there were only three members of staff. It was astounding how they filled so much into such a small space.

 It was astounding how they filled so much into such a small space

"Welcome to The Breakfast Club, are you guys ready to order or shall I do drinks first?" A short and bubbly waitress came to their table

"I think we'll do drinks now and order in a bit, right babe?" Hunter looked to Cody for approval and he nodded his head.

"Alright, well what can I get you?"

"I'll have a big breakfast smoothie please." Hunter then watched as Cody thought about what drink he wanted. He loved the look on Cody's face when he was thinking, his nose would scrunch up slightly and his eyebrows furrowed cutely and his mouth pouting.

"Can I please have a salted caramel milkshake?"

"Sure thing Hun, I'll be back in a bit with your drinks"

The waitress made her way behind the counter to start making their drinks while Hunter reached across the table and took Cody's hand in his. Cody had soft hands with short chubby fingers that he hated, he had been called 'sausage fingers' many a time in secondary school and even though he knew it was wrong he couldn't help but let their taunts haunt him into adulthood. Hunter, however; loved Cody's hands, he thought that hey were cute – then again he thought all of Cody was cute, but there was something about the way Cody's hand fit in his that was just beautiful to him.

"Do you know what you want to eat yet, Beautiful?"

Cody still blushed even after a week of dating, " I think I want the pancakes and berries, do you know if it's any good?"

"Ahh, good choice, I had that my first time here. It's delicious."

"Guess I'm decided then" Cody felt the corners of his mouth stretching into a smile at the thought of pancakes, he hadn't had them in a while and his taste buds were tingling at the thought.

Cody looked down at his and Hunter's hands and his smile grew again. He was still trying to accept the fact that Hunter really wanted to be with him. But here he was playing with Cody's fingers as he looked over the menu, bright brown eyes focused and the corner of his bottom lip caught between his teeth. All Cody could think was "I am so lucky".

"I think I'll have the avocado and poached eggs on toast, I haven't tried that one yet."

"Great thanks for making me look bad with my pancakes Mr. Avocado on toast!" Cody giggled but really I his head he compared their choices of food and mentally scolded himself for being unhealthy.

"Hey, I'd have pancakes any day! I just don't want anything sweet right now, you're more enough for me." Hunter smirked.

Cody blushed and also cringed "Ok Hunter; that was too much, even for you" he laughed.

Hunter joined in with his laughter "Sorry cutie, I can't help it".

Soon the two ordered their food and their drinks and meals were brought to them. Cody's eyes lit up at the sight of his pancake mountain. It looked delicious, the golden pancakes were garnished with small piles of summer fruits and vanilla whipped cream was placed in tiny tasty hills on each pancake. His salted caramel milkshake was topped with cream that was drizzled with caramel.

The couple enjoyed their meal and spent the rest of the day wondering around Soho. Hunter felt like he fell for the smaller boy ever minute he spent with him. Cody didn't realize it but he was an attractive person inside and out and all Hunter could think was "I am so lucky".

Sorry it's so short I really just wanted to give you guys something. I feel so bad for leaving you for this long.