1. Chocolate cake

Chapter 1: chocolate cake

CODY

Cody was sitting in his mothers living room on the couch, the 18 year old still lived with her, and looked across from him at his twin brother cuddling with his new girlfriend. Her name was Chloe and she was an aspiring model. What were the chances?

Their mother was out getting ingredients for dinner later and had left the three to bond. All Cody could do was stare at his fraternal twin with envy. Bradley had obviously got all the good genes, either that or he was just fucking lucky. This was Bradley's third relationship which was impressive compared to Cody's zero. Bradley was your typical attractive eighteen year old: the quiffed hair, the crystal blue eyes, the washboard abs and strong biceps. His level of attractiveness can be measured in one statement: He works in bloody Hollister.

Cody however was what his brother called 'sweet' when he was being nice. He shared the same blue eyes and thick brown hair but that's where it stopped. Cody had never been strict with food and during his teenage years he became sucked into the vicious cycle of comfort eating. Now he was eighteen and still eating ice cream when he was feeling down. Over the years the fat had packed up and now he was sitting on a sofa in an XL TopMan shirt and skinny jeans that weren't so skinny rolled up at the bottom.

His brother had his life on track, the day they turned eighteen he waved their mum's house goodbye and moved in with a friend. He got a job and now he had a serious girlfriend. Cody was just a short fat boy with scars on his stomach and a non existent love life. He didn't hate his brother for it instead be hated himself. His brother had helped him through some of the toughest times in his life including when he got bullied at school. So whenever these thoughts came into Cody's head he always felt bad because it sounded like he was hating when really he was admiring.

It only took a few minutes before Cody couldn't take the couple in their honeymoon phase any longer so he decided he would go out an get himself a snack to make himself feel better.

So he made his way to his favourite cafe. He had diagnosed himself with self pity and found the perfect cure: he needed cake.

So here Cody was on his way to indulge himself and make himself feel better for 30 mins with a slice of chocolate cake and a milkshake. He walked into 'A Latte Fun' with a smile on his face as the familiar smell of sugar and coffee filled his nostrils. He walked to the counter expecting to see Julie smiling at him asking if he wanted his usual. Instead the poor boy was left flustered as standing behind the counter was a human being that could only have been sculpted by Gods.

The name tag on his apron stated that his name was Hunter. A mysterious, manly name for a person Cody could only describe as perfection. Hunter was taller then Cody and was looking down at him with his sparkly brown eyes that matched his golden brown hair that was arranged in a lazy quiff. He looked like he could be an Abercrombie model for god sake, but here he was looking expectantly at Cody with kind eyes.

It was at this point that Cody felt a sudden rush of nausea come over him as he realised that he was going to have to ask this man for food. Cody didn't want this attractive young man to know what his regular was, he didn't want him to watch Cody eat like a pig and he didn't want Hunter to think lowly of him.

So Cody averted his eyes to the ground and slowly recited his order.

"Can I please have... A large slice of chocolate cake... A vanilla milkshake and uh, a chocolate cookie, please."

Hunter simply smiled and began to tap the order in.

"We have two types of chocolate cake. Would you like fudge or sponge?" He asked in a deep voice.

"F-fudge."

"Large milkshake?"

"Yeah."

It was then that Cody began to feel even worse about himself. How could he ask for so much food in front of the cover boy of fitness?

Of course Cody at thus point was being stupid and overthinking things as he had ordered a large cake so why would he not want a large milkshake?

He paid and made his way to his usual table in the corner and his food was set in front of him in no time. Cody looked up to the counter before he started eating to make sure that Hunter wasn't looking at him and then began to tuck on to the chocolate heaven that was on his plate.

About 5 minutes into his meal Cody felt like he was being watched. He looked up through his lashes and saw that Hunter was openly staring at him and watching him eat. Cody immediately stopped chewing. He couldn't deal with the butterflies swarming around his stomach. He already really liked this boy and he knew he had absolutely no chance with him. Cody finished his mouthful and then turned towards the window so Hunter was forced to look at his side while he continued to devour the sweet treats on the table.

HUNTER

Hunter stood behind the counter admiring the boy in front of him. He didn't understand why he suddenly felt drawn to the cute boy sitting down hunched over a large slice of chocolate cake but he was and he wasn't going to fight it.

Hunter had always been one to not care much about looks, he's never had a particular type and right now his heart was telling him to talk to the cute boy with the blue eyes and chubby cheeks.

The first thing he noticed about the boy were his deep blue eyes that were staring at the floor. Then he saw his soft, plump lips, they were plumper than most guys. Then he realised why, the boy in front if him had probably never been to a gym in his life but for some reason when Hunter saw the extra flab all his brain screamed at him was 'he's probably gonna be the best cuddler you've ever had'.

After checking if there were any other customers he slowly made his way over to the blue eyed boy and sat in the chair across from him. The boy had just finished his cake and was starting on the cookie when Hunter's bottom made contact with the chair. The boys head shot up and he made a strangled sound before turning red and staring at his cookie no longer eating it.

"Hi" Hunter smiled.

"Hey"

Hunter liked the boys voice it wasn't low like his own but in the middle a neutral, mellow sound.

"What's your name? I'm Hunter"

"Cody" the blush was still evident on Cody's cheeks.

"Well Cody, did you enjoy your cake?

"Uh, yeah"

"Good"

And then Hunter stood up but not before saying "You're cute, Cody." And then returning to the counter and beginning to rearrange the cake display.