12【backbeforefivea.m.】

☆

you were standing in front of the open fridge, humming quietly to yourself in thought

you were standing in front of the open fridge, humming quietly to yourself in thought. if anyone else in the house were to see you, they might've thought you were crazy because of how long you had been blindly staring at the inside of the fridge.

your initial intention was to be looking for a late-night snack, but you found yourself instead mentally making a list of things you needed for your next grocery run. there were 8 people now living the house so you weren't really all that surprised to see the things in the kitchen running low.

you were so immersed in thought, you didn't hear the footsteps behind you. 

"y/n? what are you...doing?" it was a deep and groggy voice which you recognized immediately. you tried to put on a smile as you turned to face the male who was shielding his eyes from the light of the fridge. 

"ah, hoseok, i'm sorry if i woke you up, i got hungry in the middle of the night," you tried explaining. 

"i know, i heard your footsteps going down the stairs...i was just wondering if it really took you 20 minutes to find the snack you were looking for," he said with his lip quirked up slightly, "the door to my room was open slightly and it was at an angle where i can see the kitchen from my room," 

you tried to not cover your face in embarrassment, not liking how he had caught you just staring into the fridge for such a long time. 

"okay, you're right. i was really trying to look for a snack at first, but then i got distracted by what we needed to buy next on our grocery run," the reply was bashful and he noticed this as your voice started trailing off towards the end of your explanation. 

"aish, come on, it's...4 in the morning, worry about this later. you need to get your snack and go right back to bed, okay?" he said, tiredly walking over. "now, let's find you that snack so we both can sleep with satisfied tummies~" he pet the hair on your head, a charming smile on his lips. 

"l-let's," you held the urge to slap yourself after you said the single word, hearing how stupid you sounded as well as the fact you even stuttered while saying it. the boys' uncanny attractiveness still hasn't really set it with you, you just haven't gotten used to how handsome and charming all of them really are. you convinced yourself it would only take a week or two, but it's almost been a month since you've been working them and you still weren't used to it.