【the letter-intro】

it's late evening, almost dawn, when you arrive home

it's late evening, almost dawn, when you arrive home. the cozy apartment is untouched and the same from how you left it this morning. you threw the mail onto the dinner table, but a sleek, rustic-looking letter was catching your attention. reading the address, you furrow your brows in confusion.

you've never heard of this place.

The House of Healing and Art

you chuckled at the name. not in mockery, but in taste. nowadays, every hospital for those sick are all named after saints or whatever terrible cause keeps whoever is in there, in there. it's almost like they're screaming in your face about, but not this one. it seemed to relieve you to see something so natural. opening the letter slowly, no intrigued, you grazed over the many words in the introduction until you got to the end. the big bold, heavier letters caught your attention:

"We are offering the job of ease and relaxation. We only have 7 tenants that need to be tended to and taken care of. One is disabled and they do need guidance for everyday tasks (i.e. eating their food regularly, taking medication, etc.) Our patients face mental illnesses, rather than physical, except one. If you choose to accept, you get to stay at The House of Healing and Art along with a monthly paycheck. If you are interested and willingly, please visit the sender address and we can discuss more details and answer any questions you may have.

- :) "

you thought the ending smiley face was childish but other than that the letter seemed to be real and not a fake. the hand-writing was written by a real person. sure, the beginning letter was typed out, but the ending that caught your eyes was all ink and pen. you could confirm this by the slight ink smudge the corner of the page had, and if you looked close enough, some letters had a bit of an ink bump at the end, one that could only come from a pen. the only off thing about the letter was there was no name signed. just a smiley face.

and the more you looked at it, the creepier it seemed to become.

:)

:⁾

:̷)̷

[̲̅:][̲̅)]

you placed the paper down, running a hand through your hair. you really were freaking yourself out, it was just a smiley face! out it was the lack of sleep, you told yourself. it was your current job that was taking away your precious hours of rest. speaking of that job, you were making a low pay. and you did money for food and to pay for your little apartment. perhaps this job that this person (or people) were offering you was going to be of higher pay.

it sounded easy enough too.

just take care of, guide, and tend to 7 tenants. that was easy enough especially when already had enough confidence and experience with your past jobs. you were all too familiar for caring for those who couldn't care for themselves. what's the difference here?

a/n- hello!! this is a new yandere series i plan on starting

a/n- hello!! this is a new yandere series i plan on starting. im excited to indulge more in this story and i hope you stay tuned for more chapters (this one was really short, but only bc its the intro ;)