Chapter 12

Brought out of her dreams Rose was wide awake and red as a newly born babe when she recalled her dream.

She quickly realized she was once again clinging on to Caine like a vine and the highlander had two very firm arms around her securing her body to his. Letting go of him and looking up she met the gaze that was locked onto hers with an intensity that threatened to burn her.

The room was otherwise silent and dark as the curtains were still drawn and the fire dim but still alive.

Not knowing what to say she looked away from him to stare at his chest instead and quickly, embarrassed uttered "I should return to my room so that we can dress".

The silence that followed was deafening. His arms tightened around her further making the space between their bodies non-existent.

"Aye lassie we will rise as soon as ye explain to me how it is that I wake to find yer heated body against mine." his voice grew strained and husky as he continued "Writhing and rubbing against me while moaning my name in yer sleep".

Rose was mortified and tried to get out of his grasp by pushing against the arms that wrapped around her but to no avail. She looked down as she quickly let out "I don't know what you are talking about. Let me go at once" in the most high-and-mighty-you-are-preposterous voice she had.

"Did I satisfy ye Rose. In yer dreams what did I do that could have incited such passion lass?"

She was quiet but slowly the fire that had been lit in her dream started to burn again.

"Did I kiss ye Rose?". This time one of his hands came up to bury in her hair tilting her head up and pushing her face up towards his so she could not look away. He was still looking at her like he had in her dream but now there was a longing there as well. He wanted to see her dream all for himself. It was almost as though. He was jealous.

That was it he was jealous, of his own damn self. Jealous that she had been dreaming about their lovemaking while he was left to suffer the consequences in the real world with no relief from his lust.

"Where did I kiss ye Rose?"

She felt her breaths become uneven.

"Not yer lips. Ye have never moaned quite like that when I've kissed yer lips before Rose".

He wasn't asking questions anymore and she felt her face start to burn from the mortification. He knew what he'd done. Somehow he knew. And as her face grew hot she could see in his eyes that raised from her lips to meet her gaze that he knew she knew.

"Ahh now I know.." his hand drifted from her chin down the center of her chest and continued down her abdomen.

Feeling her breathing increase Rose quickly grabbed his hand from descending any further and he let her.

"Would ye like me to continue from where we seemed to have stopped in yer dreams Rose".

She looked up at him her body heat and his combined felt as though it would light the bed on fire.

She looked at him defiantly now. He was purposely egging her on, teasing her and fueling some fire of lust that seemed to have occupied her body.

"Let me go!"

"No"

"Let me go!" She tried to sound firmer now.

He looked at her amused now "No".

"Well.... why not". She was frustrated now.

"Because Rose while ye were clearly enjoying me in yer dreams. I was left only to watch while ye moaned my name seeking yer release" his voice seemed to grow huskier with each word.