Unexpected

A week or so had went by sense that night. I went through my normal routines. Training the kids, baby sitting, chopping wood, and teaching. I thought about him often, but Space was what I needed.

"You need to kick harder!" I yelled over the music at Delilah. "You're short, so you'll have to really power these kicks!" Delilah was my best friend, even though she was the shortest and the weakest out of all the wolf's. I had her back just like she had mine.

"I'm trying!" She spun around and kicked the mat in my hand.

"Better!" I yelled, nodding as I shut the music off and put the mat down.

She panted, "thanks!" She wiped her head with a towel and smiled at me, "I can't believe you got attacked. Have you been scare about going around the fences?"

I shrugged, "not really." I unrolled a yoga mat and sat down, folding one leg in and stretching the other one out, I grabbed my toes. "To be honest, it was almost freeing."

"Yeah, we don't get much action here." She complained.

"At least we're safe." I mused. "Just don't go looking for trouble."

She leaned against the wall and watched me stretch. "I wonder where Killian went?" She asked quietly. "I haven't seen him in a few days."

I hadn't told anyone that he abandoned me in the fight and ran off. I don't speak of cowards.

"Couldn't tell you." I extended both of my legs, laying on the floor in between them. "I haven't seen him sense he told me that no one would ever want to deal with my bullshit, and that it was good that I'd never be able to imprint."

"What?!" She lashed. "That's crazy, why would he say that?" I shrugged. "I'll kick his ass the next time I see him. That's totally uncalled for."

I hesitated, "do you think I'm hard to deal with?"

"Babe, I love you. You're a piece of cake." She finger gunned me. "You're strong willed, that's not a bad thing. You want to take care of yourself, and I completely understand where you're coming from. All you have to do is find a man who's willing to put up with your free spirit."

I stood up, reaching up toward the ceiling and then bent down to touch my toes. "I don't want to be one of those girls that's whole life revolves around a guy. I'm more than that."

"Are you ready for the run yet?" She asked impatiently. "I'd like to be able to soak in your sweet sweet hot tub before it gets too late."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, lets go." We left the gym and went to the track in the open field.

We ran for a bit, lapping about three times. As we ended our last lap, we noticed a few of the teenage boys and girls hanging out on the bleachers. It was dusk, no one should be outside this late: especially kids.

"Come on guys, it's getting late. Get headed home." I made a pushing motion with my hands.

"I'm so tired of being told what to do. Especially by a girl." The taller teenage boy complained. "I'm going to stay here as long as I want, and how about you mind your own business."

I took in a quick sniff, "Toby McRyan. You're Five Ten, weight one hundred and thirty pounds, a-" I leaned in to whisper quietly, "virgin." I clasped my hands behind my back, "you ate cereal and then ate six pancakes for breakfast. Topping that off with an omelette for Lunch and steak and mushrooms for dinner." I stopped, sniffing again- "you have an older brother, two younger sisters, your dads dead and you never knew your mom." One more deep sniff, I made eye contact with a short blonde who stood in front of us, "he's madly in love with you but thinks you've slept around too much with the rest of the pack so he doesn't want to pursue you." I looked up at the teenage boy who was grimacing at me, "I can smell your fear, your shame, your anxiety... would you like me to share with your friends your deepest.. darkest.... secret... or would you rather listen to the girl and go home?"