12

THE FINAL BELL rang, dismissing class, as the entire school broke out into screaming. All of the Northside students ran outside onto the football field to start preparing for the game. It was the one time of the year where the kids wanted to clean up. They wanted to make Northside as impressive as it could be– to stick it to West Angeles High School. 

"Ready?" Asher nudged Johnny, pointing to the touchdown line. 

"Always," Johnny smiled.

"WE HAVE TO GO!" Emily sighed as Kenzie was still fixing her long brown hair into a half ponytail in her bathroom. "Your hair looks amazing," Emily smiled. 

"Okay!" Kenzie grinned, placing her brush back on her dresser. "It starts in like 15 minutes and the school is only ten minutes away Emi," 

"Yeah, but everyone is going. We aren't gonna go get seats!" Emily frowned.

"Fine!" Kenzie muttered, following Emily down the stairs. She still wasn't in love with the loose hair coming out of her ponytail, but decided it wasn't the biggest deal ever. 

"Finally! They're here Joshua," Mandla called when Kenzie and Emily came downstairs to Kenzie's kitchen. "We've been waiting you know," 

"Josh! I feel like I haven't seen you today?" Emily suddenly approached Joshua who was spacing out while eating a chocolate bar. He looked tired as usual.

"Yeah, I'm here," Joshua said softly. 

"He's still upset about Olivia. Apparently she's staying another week," Mandla whispered to Kenzie as Emily and Joshua went into small-talk. 

"Why didn't she tell us?" Kenzie asked Mandla, who just sighed in response. 

"I haven't talked to Olivia since she left," Mandla responded. 

Feeling bad for Joshua, Kenzie decided she wanted to make him forget about his sadness, so tonight, she would make sure he had fun. The four friends walked out Kenzie's door, ready for gametime.