j ; fussing

••"Please stop Y/N

••
"Please stop Y/N. You're due any day so you shouldn't be picking up heavy things! Tell her Geralt please!" Jaskier said as he came rushing over to you and taking the washing from you and hanging it up himself.

"I don't need to be babied Jaskier!" You said as he guided you towards a chair. He was beginning to annoy you.

"I'm not babying you. I'm worried. The baby is due any day now and I don't want you or the baby to get hurt before it's born!"

"Geralt and I have both told you it feels like more than one baby Jaskier. I am too big for just one baby"

"Could be a very big baby?" Jaskier said and Geralt groaned. Jaskier was annoying him as much as he was annoying you.

"How about I take Y/N on a walk? I'll look after her and she'll be safe and you can continue to hang out the washing" Geralt said as he walked over and helped you up. Before Jaskier could protest, you and Geralt were already walking. He sighed and continued to hang out the washing.

"You'll be okay Y/N. The baby or babies will come soon and then Jaskier can fuss over them" Geralt said and you chuckled.

"I appreciate he's worried about me and the baby but I can still hang washing out and make food. I'm having a baby, doesn't mean I can't do anything" you said as you looked down.

"It annoys me as it makes me feel like I can't do anything and makes me feel itchy and useless" you explained as Geralt rubbed your back.

"I can take him into town to get stuff when we get back if you want? Give you some alone time" Geralt suggested and you nodded. You felt bad but Jaskier rarely left your side and if he wasn't there, Geralt was.

"I feel bad but please. I just want to lay down and not worry about Jaskier coming in and fussing around" you said and Geralt nodded. If Jaskier was annoying him with all the questions he couldn't imagine how much he was annoying you. And you were the one with the baby.

After walking around for another half hour, you made your way back home to see Jaskier sitting outside. As soon as he saw you, he stood up and got ready to run over but Geralt stopped him with his hand. Jaskier nodded and sat back down, watching you walk over. Geralt helped you to the bed and helped you lay down. You thanked him and he walked outside to Jaskier.

"Let's go into town for some stuff Jaskier. Give her some time to nap" Geralt said and Jaskier nodded. He wanted to go in and make sure you were okay but you were slowly getting more and more annoyed with him and he could tell so he wanted to give you some time alone.

"How was the walk?"

"The walk was good. She sat down on a bench for a while and thought about the baby. We talked about what the baby might be and then we came home. She said she needed to go for a walk so she wasn't sitting at home all day" Geralt explained and Jaskier felt bad.

He stopped you from doing a lot of stuff out of worry but didn't realise it made you feel that way. He hadn't seen it from your eyes.

"I've been annoying her haven't I?"

"You aren't annoying her. She just feels slightly useless. She wants to hang out washing or cook dinner or change the bedding but she can't because as soon as she tries, you rush over. She wants to do stuff and you don't let her and it's making her feel itchy" Geralt explained as Jaskier listened.

"She knows why you're doing it. She does and she thinks it's sweet. But she just wants to do some things herself" Geralt added and it made Jaskier feel a bit better.

"Is that's why we've come into town?" Jaskier said and Geralt nodded.

"She wanted to have a nap when we got back from our walk but was worried that you would worry about her and she wouldn't be able to sleep"

They chatted a little bit more as they picked up some bread, fruit, cheese, fabric and meat before making their way back home. Jaskier slowly opened the door and saw you laying on the bed, fast asleep. He quietly placed the items away and made his way over to you.

He gently stroked your face and smiled down at you. He loved you a lot and only wanted to make sure you were okay and not stressed out. But he had been making you feel more stressed and he felt awful.

"I love you very much. I'm sorry if I've been stressing you out. Rest up and come out when you feel better my love. Sleep well" Jaskier said as he gently kissed your forehead.

He walked out and closed the door gently as he went and sat outside with Geralt.