j ; childhood lovers

••[ REQUESTED by _krxtx- ]••- she was Jaskier's childhood friend

••
[ REQUESTED by _krxtx- ]
••
- she was Jaskier's childhood friend. When they were 10 and 12 respectively, some bad men pillage their village and she was kidnapped. Jaskier thought she was dead. As time pass, destiny will reunite them. Jaskier was with Geralt the moment he saw her working in a tabern controlled by the men that kidnapped her. She escapes and goes with them. Jaskier realizes he didn't forget her and his own feelings -
••
They chased each other down the streets and passed shops and stalls. They screamed and giggled trying to get to the square quickest. They often raced each other to get to the square first and they did this every day. The towns people smile at them as they watch them go flying past. At 11am every day, Jaskier and Vadi would race each other to the square. A local towns man gave them a free piece of food a day at 11am and they raced to get the food before other people. Sometimes it was a roll, a cake, a loaf of bread or a pastry. Something they often couldn't afford but nevertheless, wanted.

"I can't believe you beat me! I am clearly the fastest one out of us both!" Jaskier said as Vaidehi triumphantly ate her sweet bun. This was the best prize out of them all. The baker only had sweet buns every couple weeks so it made things even better when she won.

"Well clearly you aren't the fastest one here seeming as I'm the one that got the sweet bun"

"I got a sweet bun too, just mine was plain and yours was a fruit sweet bun"

They played games in the square for hours and shoppers would smile as they go past them, watching them. Everyone knew Jaskier and Vadi. But only a few people knew her as Vadi. Most knew her as Vaidehi as only a few called her Vadi.

They played in the woods that night, playing hide and go seek. It was Jaskiers turn to hide. He'd seen a large log when he was looking for Vadi and knew it was the perfect place to hide. He climbed inside and held his hand over his mouth. He didn't want to give away his spot by laughing too much. He could hear her footsteps as she walked around due to the crunching of the leaves under her feet. He could hear her getting closer and closer and then suddenly they stopped. The sound of her feet disappeared completely. No sounds of her getting closer or further away. No sounds at all.

After what felt like a lifetime but was most likely five minutes, Jaskier stuck his head out looking for her. It was only about 5pm so the sun had begun to set but it was still light enough to see out. He listened out, trying to hear if she was hiding somewhere but all the could hear was animals and a distant noise from the town. He climbed out the log properly and began to look around for any sign of Vadi. He couldn't find any. There was no sign of Vadi in the woods at all. Jaskier hoped that she was hiding from him as a prank and was planning on scaring him.

He spent hours walking around, searching every nook and cranny of that woods. Even tried looking around down by the creek. Jaskier searched the woods until his parents came looking for him. They dragged him back home, kicking and screaming. They told him he could go back and look again tomorrow. And he did. He went back every single day looking for her.