Prologue

In a kindergarten within a small town known as Bale, down a rainbow hallway decorated by the past students over past years, in a classroom crowded with toys and children, a child sat.

The six year old girl with wavy red hair sat alone in a corner of her active classroom. No one saw the things moving around them.

No one, but the girl.

Lilly watched on as the other children played and talked with each other while the transparent people moved around them silently and unseen.

Like me, we all silently go around each other, she thought to herself. Her mind was wiser than her years, her eyes the only thing telling the world of her knowledge.

She was alone in her own little world of isolation, the only one to see both sides. Tears had at one time streaked her freckled face, but she had ran out long ago and just sat there sniffling silently as she did everyday.

Lilly felt something cold on her knee as she pressed her face into her small hands. She looked up slightly to see a boy crouched in front of her. He pushed a strand of long, curly red hair behind her ear with cold fingers. He was a tall boy about seventeen or so, his clothes were odd for the year Lilly lived in. She was surprised to see him smile at her.

Though she didn't know who he was, she didn't really care, she would take what friends she could get.

Even if he was as transparent as the other ones floating around.

***

A man stood hiding in the shadows of the school class's doorway. He watched the small girl, sitting all alone, talking silently to herself in whispers. She sat in the tight corner while the other people around her tried hard to ignore her and go around the girl.

She seemed crazy. Only he knew that she was sane and having an actual conversation, her wise eyes taking on a gleam of happiness. Another strand of silky red hair moved behind her ear, no breeze could be felt within the room.

A child near her shivered though the weather was almost unbearably hot with the air conditioning broken.

She was so small and yet so gifted. It must be a burden for the child, and yet he didn't know if she even realized it.

She will do nicely, he thought to himself as he moved away from the shady doorway and down the long hallway of the school. He couldn't help but smile, his master would most certainly be happy with this one.

This is my first book on WattPad so sorry that I'm a little inexperienced! :)

Comment if you like it or tell a friend. Anything to get more readers. 😜