Chapter 5

Lilly didn't reply to her father as she made her way past the deteriorating couch.

Henry glided by narrating on his own accord, "and here we see the sackoflardious in its natural habitat. One most be very careful as to not disturb the beast due to the fact that it attacks the sense of smell the most."

Lilly tried not to laugh as she passed by. She cringed as the heavy smell of alcohol and body odor filled her nose and gave her a stomachache, triggering her gag reflex. Lilly ignored the smell wafering up from her father and moved down the hallway to her room.

As she moved towards her door and opened it, Lilly heard an angry grunt as her father realized he wasn't getting an answer. He nearly got off of the couch but his fat bulges held him down like weights and he quickly gave up. He sank back into his seat with a defeated sigh and silently cursed his daughters name, Lilly heard.

As she stepped into her room Henry lit the six lavender candles to overwhelm the sent of Lilly's father. She smiled as the pleasant scent replaced the pungent smell of body odor and what he had had for dinner that night. She quickly shut and locked her door to keep the fragrance to herself.

Lilly was fifteen years old and would be sixteen in a week and a half. Despite her age she had a mini fridge, a microwave, and a ton of food stores in her closet. She used these because her father no longer found it necessary to feed or provide for her.

Tonight Lilly decided she wanted ramen as she pulled the watering hoses which coincidentally sat underneath her window into her room and turning the handle ever so slightly to the right. She filled the chicken flavored ramen cup with cold water. At the perfect amount of water she tightened the hose and slid the cup into the microwave, preset for three minutes.

That night she had no fancy feast but she provided for herself, by herself. Lilly felt great accomplishment in the fact that she herself had collected the money for her varied appliances with a wide variety of jobs after school.

Henry floated into the room from who knows where he had gone off to and helped plan the Saturday with Lilly as she ate.

They had decided to go to the park next to the school and pizza place, they would take a sandwich for lunch but get a pizza for dinner there and come home around seven or eight o' clock at night.

Lilly smiled at herself as she realized she was slightly normal. She had just planned a weekend with a friend like every other 'normal' person did, the fact that her friend was dead was irrelevant in her mind.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry this chapter is so small I haven't gotten to the actual plot rise yet.