Chapter 6

Sorry I haven't been publishing.

I'd have more motivation if I noticed a difference in reads and junk😋
*****************************

As the sun rose, Jay was forced to raise himself out of the warmth and comfort of sleep, a crack in the heavy curtains shining on his face and through his soft dreams. The digital alarm clock beside his bed had twenty minutes until it went off. Jay groaned internally as he got out of bed and into the shower after sluggishly undressing.

He brushed his teeth, put on deodorant, and got dressed in his running outfit. He leaped across the room as he was forced to turn off the alarm as it finally went to blaring noises at his ears.

The early morning air slapped Jay's face as he opened his large windows to quickly shut it again. He groaned as he realized he needed to run the block today for football exercises, even though he had already unconsciously dressed for the scheduled torture.

Jay went into the kitchen to find his mother away at work on the morning's breakfast as the smell of bacon nearly made him drool, his hand wiped his mouth just in case. He sat at the table and dug into the plate set in front of him by his mother.

The rest of the morning was a blur as Jay's father and mother left for work at the nearby clinic and he ended up reading his Drivers Ed manual on the couch seeing as he was sixteen and still didn't have a licenses yet.

The alarm on his iPhone went off for noon and he stood from his noticeable indent on the sofa, outside had quickly gained heat and he grabbed a water bottle to avoid dehydration, his overbearing coach had trained him well some might say.

The start of Jay's dreaded jog was alright as he kept an even pace but a few minutes into the exercise he was missing the air conditioning of his house and the air in his lungs. He neared the school and the small park next to it that looked like it should have been shut down years ago. Suddenly he noticed a girl, a girl with frizzy, long, red hair.

Jay smiled to himself, at the red headed girl he had seen in a few of his classes. He had never actually gotten enough courage to talk to her, let alone ask for her name but he knew that he wanted to know more about her the first time he had seen her in his Civics class.

Jay had ever so secretly developed a crush on her the first time he had met her, her frizzy hair had streamed down into her face and her bright green eyes captured his thoughts from then on, though he doubted he would ever admit to it out loud.

Jay suddenly realized he was walking towards her and began going over a million conversations he could have with her, though Jay already knew that he wouldn't use half of them.

A couple in the corner of his eye took off at a full sprint when they saw the beautiful girl sitting alone and talking to herself. Jay always found himself getting angry at people for acting like she was some kind of monster or had some kind of terrible disease. He felt like he couldn't help her, that she was too far out of his reach.

When he neared one of the rusty poles of the swing set the swaying seat beside her slowly came to a stop. The air around her was colder for some reason as he realized he was probably sweaty and breathing hard. Jay quickly tried to remember if he had put on deodorant that morning.

That's when she slowly looked up at him as if she had known he was there the whole time. As if she knew everything in the world there was to know.

Her eyes, those beautiful, dark green eyes had a way of enchanting Jay. They held such life and wisdom beyond her years and a sense of understanding that he knew somewhere deep within himself that he would never have.