Chapter 29

A/N: It's the second to last chapter! I hope you are all prepared for the craziest, most chaotic, WTH chapter so far. Tralala... I present the second to last chapter! Kudos and a dedication to sUpErFaBuLiCoUs for picking out Chace Crawford as the actor for Jake Marks! He's perfect! Enjoy, and remember the support is appreciated! Last chapter will be up tomorrow!

Chapter 29

I was ready for this. I would go into that class, ignore Jack, and tell Jake how incredibly hot and sexy he was and that I wanted to have his babies, get married, and grow wrinkly together. In that order, no less.

I was just kidding, of course. But I really was prepared to tell Jake that I liked him and apologize for my behavior. It’s kind of hard to believe; this was me we were talking about here, and I was a chicken when it came to guys. And there I went.

I quickly shuffled into my seat, already facing him. My tongue felt knotted, and my hands were sweaty in anticipation. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. He had glanced my direction and took my breath away with a smile that could make anyone melt. I closed my mouth and smiled back at him.

“Hey there,” he said. I glanced at my desk.

“H-hey... um...” I fumbled over my words, trying to reach the right ones. He moved his head lower to look me in the eyes.

“You alright there?” he asked. I nodded a little too vigorously, the cool clearly slipping from my face.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine, and everything’s just peachy,” I dumbly stated. He chuckled at my idiocy. I tried to continue. “I actually just wanted to tell you something.”

“Oh, really now? What’s that?” he urged. I gazed deeply into his chocolatey eyes and sucked in a deep breath. My smile faded.

“I wanted to tell-”

“Hey, babe!” I was quickly cut off by a loud noise behind me. I turned around to find Jack towering over me with one of his award-winning grins. I lightly smiled at him, but waved him off as I tried to turn back to Jake. However, Jack’s arm draped over my shoulder as he pulled me towards him. I looked into Jack’s crystal blue eyes and began to fluster. I still tried to pull away.

“Hi, Jack,” I tried to say flatly. He didn’t get the hint. It took the teacher to send us back to our desks to get Jack off of me. I didn’t get the opportunity to tell Jake what I had intended to tell him so I adjusted myself back in my seat. I decided I’d wait after class.

I caught him stealing a few glances at me every now and then. Each time, he smirked, causing me to blush. I felt like a tomato. I kept my nose in my notebook, trying to ignore it.

When the bell rang, I practically jumped out of my seat. I glanced around the class to find everyone already packing up. I also noticed Jack heading towards me the one time I’d wish he left me alone.

“Hey, Kat. Come over here for a second, will you?” he asked. I was already walking out of class with Jake by my side. What could he have possibly wanted?

“What is it?” I asked him. He motioned me over.

“Come here, and you’ll find out,” he mused, flashing me another award-winning smile. I glanced at Jake already walking out the door.

“Jake, hold up,” I said. He looked over his shoulder back at me, surprised that I had told him to stop. I glanced over at Jack and swallowed my saliva.

“I can’t. There’s something I have to do,” I said. And there I said. I said no to Jack calling me to him, something I thought I’d never do. I looked ahead in Jake’s direction and smiled at him lovingly, or at least attempted. He was a little surprised when I walked in front of him and called him over.