15

"Where do I begin?" Hannah started

She did not know where to begin the story of her and Klaus, and she did not know if her children were interested in what she was going to say. 

Though, one glance at her children had told her that her children were interested in the story. Jace was especially interested in the story, the reason being that he wanted to know what truly happened. 

He only knew that Klaus had broken her heart, nothing more than that and nothing less.

"He and I have met at a time when he was believed to be the villain in the story. That he was the devil incarnate, but I was the only one who believes that there is a possibility of good within him. Though, no one else is willing to recognize that. I don't know how I don't know why but he had gained an interest in me," Hannah had started as she was talking about their story, she remembered the moments were Klaus send drawings of her.

Maybe the intention was to impress her, and it had worked. 

She blushed every time that he sent a new sketch of her to her home, at first she was frustrated at the fact that she continuously got gifts from him, but eventually, she had grown to love them.

"He wanted to know a lot more about me, and somehow I had started to fall for him," Hannah added on with a small smile on her face. 

That smile wouldn't leave her face, it could not. The memories that were tied with their story, the way that she had fallen in love with him, were not so easily replaceable. At one point, after Klaus had left, she had cried over those memories.

Now, with these memories and with Klaus, Hannah had gotten her first child. This man had given her a gift that she wouldn't tell him about, but she will always treasure. 

At first, she wanted to time, but at some point, it was just too late and too painful to tell.

"He told me that he loved me, he told me that he would never hurt me and that I was the love of his life," Hannah continued. 

Therefore at this point in their story, there were tears falling down her face. Hannah knew exactly how their story had ended, it had ended with Hannah being heartbroken and gaining a new responsibility. 

"Then, there was someone else who had come into the picture. He had chosen her over me, and I was left heartbroken," Hannah stated as she had begun to sob. 

When she said this, the kids had looked at each other with sadness. They knew that he must've done something to hurt their mother, they just did not know how deep the wound was. 

Their mother had always seemed to be happy, there was nothing that she would not do for her children. 

Though Jace is specific, had realized that every emotion that she had put in front of her children was a mask, and none of them were able to see it. 

The wound had never healed, and Hannah's children had just realized this.