11

Jace and Klaus were both silent as they walked to where Hannah's office was

Jace and Klaus were both silent as they walked to where Hannah's office was. They do not have anything to say to each other. Jace had already hated Klaus for multiple reasons, the main one being that he had broken his mother's heart. Even though it had happened before he was born, it was no something that he was going to let go of very easily. 

"So you are one of Hannah's children, right?" Klaus asked Jace. 

Jace was conflicted inside, he wanted to tell him right to his face that Jace was at Mikaelson. 

That Klaus had another child, and that Hope was not his only child. That his mom wanted to tell him, but before she could, he had already broken her heart. 

Though, he cannot go against what his mother wishes for. His mother was does everything for him, and he would never disrespect her in any way.

The one thing that Hannah Forbes would never talk about was the day that Klaus had broken her heart, to this day no one knows what really happened. Hannah had liked to keep it that way, and now that Klaus was back in town, that secret was going to be threatened.

"Yeah," Jace replied.

He wanted his answers to be short so that Klaus would lose any and all interest that he had with Jace. Though, Klaus was still very much curious about him.

"And let me guess her and Alaric are together," Klaus said. 

Even though Klaus sounded as though he was insulting Jace's mom, he was actually trying to hide the pain that he felt within him. He did not know how Hannah had moved on with her life in a way that he never had. 

Hannah was always on his mind, and there was nothing that anyone could do to take her away from there. She always had a place, in his mind, and in his heart.

"No, Alaric is my uncle and he is the father of Lizzie and Josie," Jace had replied. 

It was not as though Jace knew that Klaus had met Alaric properly. He just assumed that it will be evident that she and Alaric were not together. 

Though, this newfound information had given Klaus a sense of hope. He did not know where it came from, but he now knows that there is a possibility that he could end up with Hannah, and he would take advantage of that possibility.