3

From what he heard about her home, Silk had lived in total isolation from the human world beyond books and dueling. Her house rested in the middle of an unplottable section of a forest- in what part of the world however, she wasn't quite sure actually although it was far- where no living animal but herself resided. As in absolutely none since they had been cleared out long before and the area was impossible to find even for animals.

    Her trips outside were for more books, more food, more wand materials, or, more recently, dueling events. And she hunted for the food and gathered the materials by herself. Dueling was a more recent thing ever since she had forced an anmiagus form, a human, and found the abstract concept of pack animal thoughts and instincts being forced upon her. And so, in what Harry found was truly pitiful, dueling became her way of experiencing companionship and community.

    Dueling was what had drawn her to Britain this time as a circuit she participated in was back in season and as the previous champion and, as of recently, a fighting enthusiast, nothing would prevent her from going. Of course as something of a fanatic for dueling she participated in any high level circuit that allowed non-humans to participate so that did give her some degree of interaction with others. A very small one.

Silk was an odd person, or rather they were not a person, but that wasn't what made them odd as they looked perfectly human. ("Well of course I look human, humans always seemed on edge because I was so different when I went to get books which is why I looked for a forced animagus form in the first place. I uh... I modified the ritual thing so you can choose your form...." they absently rubbed at one of the thin metallic looking forearm guards that they alway wore, "I don't suggest it.") What actually made them odd was basically everything else.

Silk was about average height for a female, maybe a handful of centimeters more although it was hard to gauge as a kitten, and average weight too although broadly built and clearly athletic. Her eyes were a common enough gray blue that most of the time around others seemed empty or bored, and her hair, while long and silky was a plain dark brown. She had a barely noticeable unhealthy tinge to her skin and otherwise her features weren't particularly plain, but weren't anything to write home about either, being neither beautiful nor ugly.

    However the second she entered any area, eyes turned as she gave off an air of strangeness, power, and something distinctively inhuman, her gait was purposeful and even, her movements just a touch too sudden, and she tended not to speak around strangers unless they did first. Magic swirled almost palpably around her being at times when something caught her interest and her smile was never quite right.

   But beyond everything else, many particulars of human culture just went straight over her head- in this he was trying to help though. One of those being names as she still struggled on this one after years in the dueling circuit. Twice already in the months he'd spent with her, people would introduce themselves in both formal and informal capacities and she'd give them an awkward look and then move on. That, and mild blood-loss driven delirium, was how he ended up calling her Silk.

But when it came down to it Harry was an odd person too, or rather, at the moment, he was an odd cat. Having grown up in the Dursley's care he had learned to stifle his rampant curiosity, but his time under Rosy's affections had dealt with that and made sure he gained some confidence and rejuvenated his curiosity. (Rosy was not one to tolerate 'sniveling' especially from one she had taken into her care, firmly believing each must stand up for themselves in the end) But he still was hesitant around people he didn't know and while mildly touch starved he was reluctant to do something about it and nervous to receive affection.

None of that covered the fact that he was still a person under his fur though, no matter Rosy's disagreement he still disliked cleaning himself preferring baths despite not particularly liking those either (he wasn't sure if that was the Dursleys or instinct speaking for that however) and he definitely had a better understanding of humans and English than any cat he had met so far. Not to mention he lacked the catty self assuredness that came naturally to most cats, being uncomfortable with himself and clumsy most of the time, plus he never seemed to know what to do with his tail - although that was fading- alongside his frequent anxiety and worries about things most cats, or even humans, never thought of even once.