Epilogue

Epilogue

I stand behind Yasmin at the kitchen table, as I braid her hair. A hand touches my waist before a soft kiss is pressed to my neck. "I've got to run, I'll see you tonight. Love you" my husband says.

"Love you" I call back, seconds before the front door opens and closes. I finish braiding my daughter's hair, as she eats her cereal noisily. I press a kiss to the top of her blonde hair, before turning away and heading back upstairs.

Noah is still in his room, half-dress with a toothbrush hanging out his mouth. "Bathroom" I snap, point behind me to the corridor, "what have I told you about brushing your teeth anywhere than over the sink?". He walks past me to the bathroom, moaning around his toothbrush.

I head further down the corridor to Callum's bedroom. I push the door open, he's sat on his bed – thankfully with his school uniform on – furiously scribbling on his English homework. "You promised me you'd finished that already" I deadpan, giving him a dangerous look.

"I'm just fine tweaking" he replies innocently.

"Uh-huh. Go get in the car, Cal, you can finish it on the drive to school". I leave his door open before heading back to Noah. "Trousers, shoes, now!" I order him. I head back down to Yasmin, who has finished her cereal, and help her put her school shoes on. As I do, Callum brushes past me and to the garage. I follow him to the car.

I shout for Noah, twice, while putting Yasmin in her car seat. It took another two shouts before Noah comes running out, book bag in hand and hair unbrushed. I sigh, as I smooth his hair down before driving to the school.

I drop off my two eldest children at their school first. Callum is the eldest at ten, Noah at eight and Yasmin our youngest at four. All my children took after Nick; with soft blonde hair, green eyes and smooth fair skin. They are all beautiful – but, then, I am biased.

As a teenager, before I mated with Nick, I had never really given the idea of children more than a fleeting consideration. But, after just months with Nick I had become pregnant. It hadn't been planned but we'd been excited. Which showed how wrong Flynn had been for me.

With Flynn I doubted my decision to leave Nick daily, but with Nick it was different. I still thought of Flynn and Arturo – but nothing more than anguish for what could have been. Some days it ate me up inside and some days I didn't think of it at all.

Nick pushed me to contact them over the years but I didn't actually do that until I was pregnant with Noah. I didn't have the balls to call them, so I wrote both of them a letter. Arturo replied quickly, sending me a picture of his wife and daughter. I thought I would be hurt by that, but in reality it was almost like a little bit of relief. Some of the weight of hurting Arturo was taken from my shoulders.

Flynn hadn't replied, even after I sent two other letters. I'd learnt from my parents that, not long after I'd left him, Flynn had returned to the Pack. So, I knew he got the letters but didn't reply.

I had to understand that. As much as it hurt, I understood. I was the horrible bitch who had broken his heart and went off and married another man. I wished I knew how he was doing, but if Flynn didn't want to speak to me or have any contact with me, I needed to respect his decision. It hurt, he'd been part of my soulmate and my life, but he'd made his decision.

After dropping Callum and Noah off at school, I drop Yasmin off at hers. She is in her first year of full time school, so my days were quieter now that I don't have her at home with me. I've been filling some of my days with photography, nothing big just some wedding or business shoots, but it give me something to do.

But, today, I have nothing much to do. After returning home, I do the laundry, clean the kitchen before preparing dinner. I put the chicken in the slow cooker before taking a bath.