Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

When morning comes, I have only slept a few hours. But the tiredness is yet to hit me – I will have to think about getting some sleeping tablets if I am to stay another night. I wonder what they must be thinking back home. Do Arturo and Flynn know am I gone yet?

I am supposed to be meeting Flynn this morning, and Arturo this afternoon. So soon they will both find out. I am scared it will change their opinion on me – they will think I am weak and pathetic. And I am scared that will mean a rejection from them.

Getting out of bed, and taking another shower – because I spent the night tossing, and turning, and working up quite a sweat. I had been thinking of my mates, and what I am meant to do. I don't know if there is something I am meant to do, but I should really decide something. My insomnia is worse than ever since meeting my mates.

As I am coming out the en suite bathroom, towel wrapped around me, I let out a yelp of shock. Nick is perched on the edge of my bed, texting on his phone. "Athena I was wondering if--"

He words come out short, when he finally looks up and sees me in only a towel. He swallows deeply, eyes looking over me. He lets of a soft growl, full of lust, and I feel myself growing hot. "I...I don't have any clean clothes" I splutter out.

"I'll go get you some" Nick nods, but doesn't move. His eyes are still focused on my towel covered nude body.

"Nick!"

"Right, sorry". He gets up quickly, before practically running out the door. I can feel a soft blush on my cheeks, and I'm embarrassed. I may be a confident person, but I don't really have any friends and I have definitely never had a boyfriend. My first kiss was with Flynn, and he would always own that. But I am yet to decide who will be the man to take my virginity.

By the time Nick comes back with clothing, I have locked myself in the bathroom once more. He simply knocks on the door, and leaves the clothing outside the door. I thank him, before I hear him leave my bedroom. Opening the door, I sneak out.

He has left me a mint green dress and a pair of sneakers. The dress fits fine, and falls delicately below my knee, but the shoes are a bit big. So I call Nick back, and he gets me a second pair of socks. They are fine after this.

"I'm sorry about this morning" Nick apologises, and I blush again. "I shouldn't have just walked in".

"It's alright, I just...it was just a shock is all" I shrug it off, face still flaming. I can't deny that I was shocked by Nick seeing me in a state of undress, but I can't help but feel smug with how flustered he appeared afterwards. He liked what he saw, and I can't help but be happy about that.

"Are you hungry? I made breakfast for you" Nick smiles, leading me downstairs to the kitchen. There is no dining room, so we sit at the kitchen's Island on tall stools. "It's Eggs Benedict with parsley and sage" he tells me, placing a plate in front of me.

"It looks amazing" I smile, before taking a bite. I groan in pleasure, "tastes amazing too".

"Thanks" Nick grins, glad to have pleased me with the one thing he loves to do. He loves to cook, and he is good at it, and I can see how much he wants to impress me. Nick is nice, and sweet, and reminds me slightly of Arturo.

Arturo is always out to please me as well, like Nick, but he does it in a different way. Whereas Arturo is romantic, and outlandish, Nick is quiet and sweet. Arturo would fill my bedroom with roses, whereas Nick would take me to a rose bush so I could photograph them. Arturo is passionate, Nick is considerate – similar but very different.

But I love them both; even though I hardly know them both. It is the same with Flynn, I love him but I hardly know him. I was made to be all of their perfect mates, but the stupid curse made me confused about which one I will spend my life with.