Ch. 10

(Y/N) Pov: 

I walked down the hallway, towards Boss’ office. 

Tom was handcuffed, being guided by Nephrana and Sylvester. They had changed back into their normal assassin attire. Suki, Nephrana's pet cat, was floating along beside her.

Standing in front of the large double doors, I allowed myself to get scanned, the light blinking green. 

The doors opened and we walked in, standing in front of Boss’s desk. 

“Ah, welcome back (Y/N). I see you’ve managed to capture the target and bring him back alive. Good work” said Boss, nodding in approval. 

“Thank you sir. I have retrieved the USB drive as well. It was in his backpack at the hotel room he was staying in. I caught him in Hellis. He had been attending a fashion event as a VID” I said, bowing my head. 

“Very good. May I see the USB?” he asked. 

I nodded and summoned a shadow. A small portal opened up next to Boss and a shadow came out, handing him the USB. Boss took it and inserted it into the USB port on the side of his computer as the shadow disappeared back into the portal. 

The screen flashed red as Boss gasped. 

“What the-?” he said startled and shocked. 

“Boss?” I asked, shocked by the sudden red flashing screen. 

Boss angrily growled and turned the computer around, allowing us all to see what was on screen. 

The screen was flashing red, large white and yellow letters appearing on screen with a small Imp face icon on the top center. The small icon I could recognize was of Lennix. There was also a countdown timer counting down from one hour. 

The flashing message said: 

HaHA! I’ve fooled you yet again! 

I have planned this whole thing out. 

I swapped USBs, so I am currently in possession of all the blueprints and documents on every single project the company is planning on creating. 

This USB I have swapped for the other contains a virus that will erase all the company records, deleting everything. I shall be the only demon in Hell to have all the files that I have stolen. 

Catch me if you can Obscura! 

Lots of Love

~Lennix 

I growled in anger. 

“Sylvester, Nephrana! Gather up the other assassins and find Lennix as quickly as possible. If we find him, he’ll be able to disable the USB before it sends out the virus that will wipe out all of the company's files and blueprints” I say, turning to the two assassins. 

They saluted and ran off, leaving me, Boss, and Tom alone. 

“So, I was carrying a computer virus with me this whole time!? Now I’m REALLY glad I never decided to plug it into my laptop to go through the files” said Tom, muttering the last part. 

I growled in anger. 

“What should I do with him Boss?” I asked, turning to Boss. 

“Throw him in one of the cells down in the dungeon. We’ll take care of him later” he said, getting up and walking out of the room.