Bruises and Breakdowns

Welcome to the first official chapter. It's a bit of a long one.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Song of the chapter: 'All I Know' by Lisa Mitchell. 

Lisa Mitchell is my favourite single artist in the music buisness. She is my ultimate favourite, you never find anyone else like her.

Picture of the chapter: Astrid Magnussen.

CHAPTER 1- Bruises and Breakdowns

___________________________________

I sat there quietly as they backed out of my paved driveway, mother was now on the porch steps, counting the rows and rows of daisies growing in our front garden.

As we drove away, i thought about what she had said.

“So, Astrid” Louis interrupts the silence. He was good at diminishing awkward silences “-how’ve you been love?”

“Spliffing” i say, smiling in the rear-view mirror.

“And why are you going to Massachusetts?”

“Rory” i say, quietly.

“-her boyfriend” Liam confirms to the guests in the car, they all nod.

Harry stays silent.

“He’s working on a demo tape with his band, he left without saying goodbye”

“that’s a tad rude” Zayn murmurs

“-I told him that i was coming to visit him for his ‘big break’, he’s hell-bent on this working”

“not everything turns out for everyone” Harry says, bitterly.

“you’re the one to know” I snap back, unintentionally.

“don’t be a bitch, Azzy”

“don’t call me Azzy”

Harry goes silent again. Reaching across and taking a slurp of Louis’ Starbucks cup.

God i could hate him sometimes. So cold and sour. That’s what he turned into after we broke up. He wasn’t usually like this. He was Harry Styles, the happy, bubbly, baby-faced boy i fell in love with.

Now he was just as boring and empty as a cardboard box.

“anyway” Niall says “-Four days stuck with us, ey?”

“Shouldn’t be too bad” i laugh as Louis turned a sharp corner, causing Niall’s hips to slam into mine.

Niall and I both laugh at each other, rubbing our hips.

“seatbelt, for god’s sake Niall!” Liam wailed from the middle seat “-How many times do i have to remind you!?”

Niall scampers back over to his side of the back seat, and clicks his seatbelt tightly around his body.

“Happy, Liam?” he mocks.

“thats better” he says, turning back around in his seat.

~

I wake up from a dreadful sleep, only to find peace.

the car had stopped it’s humming, and we were pulled over at a roadside gas station. I wipe the saliva that had leaked from my mouth off of the car interior.

I look out of the window, all five boys were walking out of the station’s cafe, little brown paper bags in all of their hands.

They were talking about something. Something that upset Harry. Louis would turn from his position and look at him, making little hand gestures with the paper bags. they were arguing.