Catatonia and Consistencies

i'm sorry this took a while!, i've just been SO busy lately, i never knew year 11 would be this stressful!, but i'm getting there! 

Picture of the chapter

*NEW CHARACTER!* "Tommy" - Ash Stymest. (jesus lord he's hot dfsakhf) unffff

Song of the chapter

Little Red Riding Hood by Amada Seyfried 

it's a very haunting song, perfect for this chapter.

enjoy!!

CHAPTER 7- Catatonia and Consistencies 

“Astrid?” Harry taps on the door “It’s bedtime and I want to go to bed”

The door was locked and I was perched on the window sil, ready to jump onto the outside metal staircase, my converse on the verge of slipping.

Thats the thing about Venice, always slippery and rainy.

“No, this is my room and this is my bed. You can have the couch” I say

“-You know that i never sleep on couches for longer than a nap”

“Well you can try something new tonight, goodnight, Harry!” I just wanted to wrap up the conversation and get the hell out of here.

“Tomorrow night i want the bed, okay?”

“We’ll talk about that later” I say, trying my hardest to keep my feet still. God i was terrible at everything.

“Fine, i’ll come in later”

“bye Harry”

“Bye Astrid”.

A slick of guilt did hit me for a second. I pushed it down, i was only going out for a few hours, i’ll come back... I’ll let him talk to me. But for now, i don’t want to have to hold on to anything. I don’t want pressure and reassurance, i want difference, un-acceptance. I don’t want to be known or conjured or remembered. I just want to be nothing for a change. Astrid ‘stitched up’ Magnussen. It’s not happening.

I lift my back leg up and jump onto the metal railing. It makes a soft ‘clang’ noise and I cringe.

I continue down, scaling down the steps.

~

There were many places that i could go.

Bars, clubs, libraries, coffee shops, hospitals.

I chose the Liquor store.

Even though the nights in Venice were dark, you could see the red flashing light of the bottle shop.

I smile softy to myself. I shouldn’t drink all my problems away, but what else do I have left?

Then i begin to laugh.

Maybe it is all i have.

~

Hours later i found myself in a bar, clutching some young boy for balance.

“it’s alright” he whispers, dragging my intoxicated, limp body across the floor and onto a couch “-I got ya”

“mmmhfmm” i moan as my body hits the soft fabric.

“thats a lot of vodka you’ve got there” he says, gesturing to the three remaining bottles in my plastic Tesco bag.

I had seven to begin with.

“mmhmm” I say, my eyes drooping dramatically. I couldn’t keep my spine straight.

“are you feeling alright?” he asks, and i just attempt to stand up, waving my hand in a ‘don’t worry about me‘ gesture.