Chapter 40

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Detrick POV

It has been weeks since I found out what crazy Uncle Ted is wanting to do. However, I still can't completely wrap my mind around it. When I lived in the United States, I would watch programs about things similar to this and I would always shake my head. I just couldn't quite believe that anything like this would be happening in the world today. Oh, I was so wrong about it.

The hardest part is that it is my own family that trying to sell me off. No. Uncle Ted is selling me for my body. This still seems too crazy to believe.

Unfortunately, it is the truth. Not only has my parents increased the professional bodyguards around me, Tae has all available engineering students standing guard around not only me, but Tee too, while Dean won't let me go back to my apartment. Okay. I'll have to admit that I'm perfectly happy with sleeping at Dean's apartment every night. I'm not going to lie.

However, the constant swarm of people around me is beginning to suffocate me. I know that I can't fight it and it is for my best interest, but I can't help but to wish that this terrible nightmare will be over soon.

The worst part of it all is that Shane and Dee are having to suffer too, and they now have bodyguards outside our apartment all the time.

I still remember that night when Dee called to make sure that everything was all right with me. They were lucky that they were having a study group at the apartment that night.

*** Flashback ***

Ring...ring...ring....

I glance down at my phone and a smile instantly pops onto my face when I see Dee's name on my phone. I put my pencil down and I turn my attention away from my textbooks towards the phone.

It has been a couple days, since Dee and I, have had a good talk. I'm too nervous with all those people around when we are on campus to even start talking about anything too personal. I miss our long conversations. We usually talked every day.

I quickly answer my phone. "Hey, Dee. What's up?"

Dee suddenly blurts, "Are you all right, Detrick? Please tell me that you are fine. Is Dean with you?"

The panic in her voice throws me off for a second as I slowly turn towards Dean, who is smiling at me. However, his smile slowly fades as a frown appears on my face.

I hesitantly reply, "Yes. Dean is here with me and we are at his apartment. Why?"

A sense of dread suddenly washing over me. The sound of Dee's frightened voice sets off warning signals and my mind immediately begins to race.

Within seconds, Dean is at my side and grabs my phone. He quickly shifts it to speaker and asks, "Dee, did something happen? Did the crazy uncle try to do something?"

I don't even have to hear the response. I already know.

Dee's shaky voice instantly makes my heart sink. "Y..yes."

Dean asks, "Did they break into the apartment looking for Detrick?"

A small whimper comes from my phone. Suddenly, I can't breathe. No. My crazy uncle better not have hurt my friends.