8

I woke up the next morning and got up right away to make some food for Lei when I go to visit him. I made him some ramen and put it in a metal thermos. I was excited to see him but also worried about if he was okay or not, but I believed that he would be okay because of what Shancai told me. I also knew he was strong. I finished getting ready and head outside to catch a bus to the hospital. All of a sudden I got a call from Shancai. I answered the phone quickly.

"Hello?" I say. I could immediately hear the fear in her voice when she spoke to me. She quickly spoke up.

 "Lei just woke up from a nap and his heart stopped. They had to save him, and they did, but he's in bad shape. He is calling for you, you need to get here quickly." Shancai says. I hang up the phone and run out the door leaving the ramen behind on the counter. I ran as fast as I could to the bus stop and got on the next bus. The ride felt like it lasted forever. I was panicking at this point. 

After about 10 minutes, I finally arrive at the hospital and I jump off the bus and run inside. I run the whole way up to Lei's room and run inside. Lei's eyes met mine as I stood in the doorway panting from running the whole way up the stairs to his room. He gives me a weak smile and my heart breaks at the sight of him. I walk closer and sit down next to him, grabbing his hand. 

"I'm okay." He says softly. I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to speak but no words came from my trembling mouth. He squeezes my hand gently. I let a tear slip down my cheek but he wipes it off with his thumb. I smile softly. I was exhausted now. I lay my head down on the bed near his thigh and sigh. Lei was still holding my hand. I could tell he was smiling even though I couldn't see his face. Lei was breathing softly. I was scared that Lei's heart would stop again with me in the room. 

"Lei if you feel sick please tell me because I don't want you to get worse," I say. Lei nods and gives me a soft smile. I sit up and look and take a deep breath to calm my racing heart, until I looked into his eyes, that's when my heart began to race again. He looks into mine as well. I began to lean down closer to his face slowly. I didn't know what was happening, it was as if a force was pushing me closer to him. He leaned up, steadying himself my propping his hand on the bed. 

I moved closer to him, closer....closer...and closer until I finally pressed my lips against his. We stayed like that for a while. We pull away from each other and look at each other. 

"Lei...." I say. 

"I love you." He says before I can say anything. My lips part and I stare into his eyes trying to figure out what just happened. "I-I'm going to go home to think...I will be back soon." I say softly. 

"I'm sorry." He says as I stand up. I shake my head. 

"Don't be sorry, I just need to process what just happened. My mind is going 15 different places at once. Wait for me." I say. He nods. That's when I turn and don't look back at him. I don't know how long I wouldn't see him until I figured things out.

I arrived home soon. I walked up to my door and opened it. I locked it behind me. I walk over to my couch and sit down only to stare at the wall for the next hour taking in everything that happened. I didn't know what to feel. I went in for the kiss first. I knew I had feelings for him, but I felt awkward. I didn't know whether I was in love with him....or if I just felt bad he got hurt. I ruffle my hair with my hands. My phone rang. It was Shancai.

"Hey, I saw you walk out of Lei's room quickly. I didn't ask him because I didn't know if what happened was bad. Are you okay? Did you have a fight?" She says when I pick up the phone. 

"Shancai, I kissed him," I say. She was quiet for a moment. 

"So why did you leave so quickly?" She finally asks after the moment of silence I just went through. 

"He said me loved me...I didn't know how to react to it. I told him I had to leave because I needed to think. Is he okay? He didn't seem mad did he?" I ask. 

"No, in fact when I walked in he was very quiet, I mean I know he is usually quiet but he didn't say anything. He just says there staring at the wall. I asked him if he was okay and he just softly smiled and nodded." She says. I felt relieved, at least he wasn't mad at me for leaving. 

"Shancai, I don't know what to feel. I feel numb. I feel....strange." I say. She was silent again. 

"Well, how did you feel while you were kissing him?" She asks. I was silent. That's when it came to me. 

"When I first leaned it to kiss him my heart was racing, and when I kissed him I felt....a rush of happiness," I say. I heard Shancai laugh quietly. 

"Y/n, I think you have your answer on how to feel. What is your heart telling you?" She asks. And that's when I knew. 

"I.....I love him." I say. At that moment I felt that same rush of happiness I felt while I kissed him. 

"Then go to him," Shancai says, and then hangs up. 

Hi guys, I'm really sorry I haven't been uploading. I'm not going to make excuses, I just haven't felt like writing. I will try to write more! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

{Edited}