3

I woke up early so I could get ready for school. I had a class at 8. I haven't been back at that school for a year and I was still enrolled as a Junior because I left for a year. I was supposed to be a Senior but as I said, I was a junior. I began to wonder if I would see Lei again today. I got dressed in a white button-down shirt and a pink skirt. I put on a bit of makeup and put my hair in a tight ponytail. I was ready to go now. I walked out of my room and sat down at the dinner table. My mom was setting out bowls with rice on the table. I watched as my dad sat down. He looked tired as usual from going to work at the convenience shop at night. He owned his own store.

"Dad, are you feeling okay? You seem more tired than usual." I say. He nods. He had dark rings below his eyes. He had a very pale look on his face which bothered me. 

"Here's your breakfast," Mom says. She places the final plates on the table. I had about an hour left until class so I spent that time eating. Soon after I finished my food, I got up and grabbed my bag. I had to make my way to the bus stop now so I got there on time for the bus to arrive. I Notice a group of 3 boys walking together by themselves when I arrive at school.

One of the boys is Lei and our eyes meet. I give him a small smile and he gives me a slight smile back, though he looked sad in a way. I wondered what had happened. I remember noticing his sadness on the plane as well, I just assumed he was upset because he was leaving Hawaii. Lei was very quiet and very hard to read as well, so I never knew what he was thinking, and I probably never will. Jing wanted me to make sure he was okay for her. I decided to call her to see what to do. 

"Y/n! How was your flight?" She asks.  I smile. 

"It was good, anyways I saw Lei a few minutes ago and he seemed sad. What do you do if he is sad?" I ask. The line was quiet. Jing's voice came back but it seemed....sad. 

"It was actually my fault. I guess his friends were talking about my marriage or something. Can you make sure he is okay? He usually goes to the rooftop so head there and talk to him. Don't make it seem like it was a planned meeting either because he might get suspicious." She says. 

"I can do that," I say. I hear her smile in her voice. 

"Thank you Y/n, I really appreciate it." She says. I say goodbye then hang up. 

I headed to the rooftop after class to see Lei as Jing asked me to. When I got there, he wasn't there. There was a drawing on the wall with chalk of an angry curly-haired man with large eyebrows and what looks to have been horns, but they were erased. I heard the door open and the tall handsome boy I had seen before was standing at the doorway. 

"Oh, Y/n." He says. I give him a smile again. 

"I noticed you were sad earlier, are you okay?" I ask. His smile fades and he looks down.

 "I'm okay, but I guess Jing asked you to ask me that. You should stay out of my business ." He says looking at the ground still with a frown. What was up with him? Is he okay? I frown and look down as well. 

"I'm sorry," I say suddenly feeling really bad. Lei shakes his head. 

"No, that was rude of me." He says. I see him looking up from the ground. 

"I guess you know Jing is getting married." He says. I nod. "I don't know why I'm telling you this, however, I loved Jing with all of my heart. She's leaving me for someone who is better than me and it hurts like hell." He says softly. I nod.

 "I understand how you are feeling, but you should let her go, Lei, you deserve better," I say. He shakes his head.

"Y/n I can't do that. She took me out of a dark time. She helped calm my autism. She saved me. How can I forget someone who saved me?" He asks. I sigh. I look up to meet Lei's eyes. 

"I know it's hard, but I believe you can do it. You know she can't be with you. You know she said no, and you need to accept that. Your first love never works out and if it does, a lot of times, things start to go downhill. You deserve someone who will love you forever and take care of you, and be there for you. Jing left you, and she won't come back. I know it's hard, but it will get better over time, trust me, Lei." I say.

I notice a tear in his eyes. "Y/n...I really can't live without her." He says with a tear running down his cheek. 

"I know Lei...I know." I say softly. I walk over to him and take him into my arms and I squeeze him tightly. He hugs me back and leans his head against my shoulder. 

"Thank you Y/n," he says. I smile.

"Of course," I reply.

Hey guys, shorter chapter today. I just finished writing this in Gym class so that's cool. KK bye my loves

{Edited}