chapter 5 (becoming a part of something new)

It felt like hours sitting in the back of a packing truck. I didn't know how I felt joining people I don't even know, joining people who I met in a hard ware store. I thought I would be alone for ever but I guess not. They are good people but i don't know if the others are as friendly as them.

"We're here" Morales says we all get out one by one I stand next to the car as Morales runs to I'm guessing wife and children and Andrea to a girl who looks like her but younger, I see Rick running to a boy and woman guessing that was his family he was searching for.

The wife looked devastated and the boy in happy tears. Rick bro hugs a man who keeps eyeing the wife "hm? Weird" I think to myself before making myself known. "Who is this? " A old man asks.
"This is Alex she found us in the store" Andrea said smiling at me
I smile back before shaking hands with everyone. A siren interrupts my conversation with Amy I look realizing it was Glenn.
The car parks as Glenn gets out with a wide smile.
Dale went over to quite it down. Everyone started to socialize. I stay near Andrea because she is the only one who I actually felt comfortable around besides Dale and Glenn.

The sun started to set as everyone getting ready for bed in there tents. I walk over to amy and ask "hey um do u know a place where I could sleep" Asking kinda worried she wouldn't really look much into it
"I don't know, ask Dale he wouldn't care for u to sleep in the RV."
"Thanks" I smile before walking to the RV.

I climbed the top of the RV seeing Dale sitting in a lawn chair.
"Hey Dale, do u care if I sleep in the RV tonight? "
He looks at me with a wide smile
"Of course not! U r welcome, there is an extra room that u can sleep in he says"
"Oh thank u so much"
He nods and turns back to his lawn chair
"So, how do you like it here? "
He stops me
"It's better than being alone"
He smiles and turns back to his original spot.
I hope off the RV going to get my bags that are near one of the cars until the little boy stops me. I am pretty sure his name was Carl.
"Sorry to bother u, I just wanted to say thank you" He said in a shy manner
"Thank you for what" I smile but in a confused manner
"I thought my dad was dead, he was shot before this happened and he was in the hospital when this happened and how he is back because of you"
I get on my knees to level with his height
"Don't thank me, I didn't do anything your father wouldn't stop at nothing to find you and your mom I was just there"
He hugs me tightly, I wrap my arm around him hugging back thinking of Samuel. I tear rolls down my cheek but isn't noticeable.
He smiles at me and runs back to Rick who picks him up. He looks at me and gives me a assuring smile and nods. I nod back before grabbing my back pack and bow walking into the RV.
"This place, these people they are surviving the only way they know and it's working for them. I belong here" I close my eyes and drift off

(I am trying to at least hit chapter 10 so that's why they suck. If u think I should slow down and add more details please say so :) -M)