The Werewolves of Malbork: Chapter 2

Took me long enough. I don't know if anyone honestly likes or reads this, but anyways, wa-la~

Vote, comment, loveeeee~!

hahaha

xo

Amber

THE WEREWOLVES OF MALBORK: CHAPTER 2

Lily Alexandra von Drachenburg

The night my father died wasn't that horrible. But only because I was so numb with the pain of loss. 

I sat in my floor-to-ceiling window (every house in our Malbork village had the same front - the inside was whatever the family built it to look like) for hours. When I was totally silent, I could hear another poor soul weeping. In my mind I idly wondered if it was Sebastian, but I forgot that thought as soon as it came to my mind. Sebastian Duncan von Kannon was far too strong to cry, wasn't he?

My feelings were askew, and my thoughts a jumbled mess. I did not sleep at all.

Lilan began to tip-toed around the house from about 6am till' 7, when I finally put myself toghether enough to leave the safety of my bedroom. 

"Mom left a note with your name on it." she told me almost before I opened the door. Her voice was quiet, monotone; dead. If you looked at her face she almost looked like a vampire; the undead. I nodded to her, squeezed her shoulder, and walked down to the kitchen.

Oddly enough, Sebastian was on my mind. I wondered how he was taking my fathers death, right after his father's passing. I pulled the paper apart, and looked at the words written on it.

Lily,

I hope you won't stay home today. Not alone, no with or without Lilan. Please try to be ready early, maybe walk with Sebastian. Please be safe. I'll see you at school.

I love you. Tell Lilan I love her, too.

-Mom

I blinked twice, and looked at Lilan. She looked right back at me, but with tears in her eyes. I hugged her, and kissed her forehead. This was not how my poor baby sister was supposed to look.

"Come on.." I sighed, wiping tears from my own eyes. I

grabbed my bag off of the table, and took Lilan's hand in mine. We walked outside, and there wasn't a soul in sight. 

Sebastian walked out of his house just as we turned the corner. He smiled at us, a weak smile, and came over to where we were. 

"It's going to be alright." he whispered, putting one arm around me and the other around Lilan. I couldn't help but cry; I'd heard what my father asked him to do. I also heard what Sebastian replied back.

My mind was a jumbled mess, but right now I knew how much I appriciated Sebastian, and how strong he was. Or how strong he appeared to be.

Once we got on the Malbork grounds, Lilan seemed to calm down a little. I was glad that today was the last day before our 3-week vacation.

"I'll walk you to class." Sebastian said in a very monotone voice. Lilan looked at him, a single tear running down her cheek, and nodded. She was beyond grateful; she'd always wanted a "big brother" and I could tell that Sebastian totally filled that void. For some reason I didn't seem him as my big brother though..

I noticed everyones eyes on the tree of us as we walked through the campus. I assumed everyone had already heard the news of my fathers passing, which was good, I guessed.  Then I wouldn't have to tell anyone what was bothering me.