The Werewolves of Malbork: Preface

Just a short, simple, sweet preface to start off a complicated story. Ah, the joy. I'm in the spirit of giving, but the weather's always so nice, so I'll work hard to update for my beloved fans these stories:

My current ABD in which I am to finish out before January 1, 2011. Hold me to it, please, fans.

My new ABD titled 'After Breaking Dawn: Crescent Moon' which I must complete by 2012. Hold me to it, please, fans.

The Werewolves of Malbork.

My Name is Marilyn Wilson; I'm seventeen, and by the way, a witch before September 2011. Hold me to it, please, fans.

I hope you enjoy this story. I like it, even if I cried writing it.

PREFACE

Looking back six months, I saw my entire life. I saw my father - the strong, fearless, brave pack leader- and now, I saw myself in the mirror. The scared, 4th year student at Molbork. The gangly new werewolf pack leader. I saw a thriving pack of 40 werewolves, the one that my father had commanded and loved so dearly. And then I saw the 40 werewolves, no, 39 werewolves scared for their lives, under my lead. Under my command. Under my protection. They were all scared of the Trixist's threats to return. Scared that their pack leader won't deliver. That their Alpha isn't doing anything to protect them. That their Beta's going to get herself murdered in battle, for the sheer fact that she's the first female Beta in over 1000 years.

But then I saw what could happen. What would happen, if I made it happen. I saw a perfectly protected pack. I saw a happy, healthy Lily Alexandra. I saw my mother's smiling, proud face. I saw a ghost of my father, crying with joy because I've made him so proud. That I surpassed his expectations years before I should have had to even try. That I've done better than he had ever done. And I wept staring at myself in the mirror, at my face. My yellow eyes wide, the pupils dilated. My eyelashes stuck together, my face was red, streaked with tears. I felt a hand on my waist, and I turned to see Lily standing there, looking up at me. Her faced was streaked with tears as well. Her eyes were bloodshot red.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered through the tears. "I'm sorry I put you through this. It's my fault. Lily, I'm so sorry." I was bawling, my eyes a waterfall of salty tears. I felt them running down my neck, then down my chest. Lily took my face in her hands, her small dainty hands, and she kissed my lips softly.

"Sebastian Duncan von Kannon." her voice was shaking, but I knew she was trying to be brave and strong. We'd never seen each other like this. We'd never been like this before the past six months. Before we lost our fathers to  the Trixist's. Before we were put in positions of power. Before we had a pack to worry about. "Don't be sorry. Don't be. This isn't your fault, it never has been. You didn't do this to me. You're not putting me through anything." As she spoke, I cried harder, I pulled her into my arms and I held her tight. "Shhh." I quieted her, still crying myself. She held me tight, and we stood in my bathroom, in front of the mirror, holding each other; crying.