106

I Think He Knows

#106

●●●

"Dad, where's mom?"

Sierra asked the whereabouts of her mother when it was the only three of them sitting on the couches of their living room. Sierra and Oli were sitting beside each other while Jake, Shie's dad was sitting on the adjacent seat. Their setup looked like that she and Oli were going on a trial at court.

"She's doing some groceries," Jake answered them and she couldn't read if her dad was angry or not.

"Dad... Diba may clinics ka pa?" She asked him suspiciously. His dad wasn't only a cardiac surgeon but also a cardiologist. Madalas busy ito sa work at alam niyang sa mga oras na iyon ay dapat nasa ospital na ito.

Oli, on the other hand, just kept silent and was avoiding to look at his wife's father.

Hindi naman nito sinagot ang tanong niya at bumaling kay Oli.

"Hindi ko gusto 'yung ginawa mo sa anak ko, Mr. Velasco," Jake told her husband and Shie immediately reacted.

"Dad! Thirty-one na ako, hindi pwedeng susunod ka rin kay Mommy Divine gaya 'nung ginawa niya kay Sarah Geronimo," She said annoyingly. Her father then looked at her and raised his eyebrow, "Hindi na bagay sayo ang magdrama. Senior citizen ka na."

Hindi na naman siya pinansin nito.

"You married my daughter, so quickly," Jake added and Oli, mustering all the courage, finally looked at him.

"Yes, doc. I married her immediately because I don't want to waste any time. I already lost ten years for not telling her what I really feel. I just don't want to lose her again. I'm sorry... if I couldn't inform you but I just love your daughter so much that I don't want to risk of losing her again."

Sierra then smiled at her husband's remarks, holding his hand more tightly. To be honest, she felt giddy because of what he answered.

Napansin naman niyang bumaling ang atensyon ng dad niya sa kanya.

"You didn't even let me walk down with you to the aisle," His dad's voice sounded overdramatic.

"It was just a small wedding," Oli replied quickly, "Uhm, I'm planning to formally ask you for your daughter's hand, doc. My parents are coming tomorrow... then we can plan for another wedding again, this time, including my family and yours."

Kumunot naman ang noo ni Jake dahil sa sinabi nito.

"I'm going to see your father?" Jake asked Oli incredulously, "Anjo Velasco?"

Oli nodded, sort of hesitant.

"Dad... Are you still holding grudges against his dad?" Shie asked when her father was overreacting again, "Don't be that petty."

"I don't like your dad, Orion," Jake told her daughter's new husband dryly.

"But you liked his mother," Shie replied also. Napatingin naman ulit sa kanya ang daddy niya.

"That's a different case," Jake reasoned out, "His father here had a special place in my heart," Her father added in sarcasm.

"Hay naku, dokie," All of them stopped and didn't even notice that her mother, Zooey, had already arrived. Tinatanggal na nito ang suot nitong coat at tumingin sa kanila, "Sabihin mo na lang sa kanila na gusto mo na ng apo."

It was then her father got caught red-handed by her mother. He looked a little surprised and embarrassed at what her mom just said.