105

I Think He Knows

#105

●●●

"Hey..."

Oli smiled when Sierra held his hand while the other one was on the steering wheel of the rental car that they rented. She was just sitting beside him on the front seat while he was the one driving. After their almost a month vacation in Guimaras Island, they finally decided to go back to the Metro - or reality.

"It's going to be fine, don't worry," She assured him. Napabuntong-hininga naman si Oli sa sinabi nito. He was still feeling anxious. Buong biyahe yata magmula 'nung nasa eroplano sila hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin nawawala 'yung kaba niya.

"I have a hunch that your dad's going to kill me, literally," He replied and Sierra giggled like it was ridiculous.

"My god, my family knew you for a long time. Dad likes you pa nga since we're in our twenties! Do you know when I was about to get married with Julien before, dad even told me if I wanted to runaway, may getaway car siya?" Sierra told him like the ever-confident she was. Pero hindi pa rin nawawala ang kaba niya.

"He didn't even get mad at you for being the son of his archnemesis like your father was the sole reason why Tita Eury and dad broke up 'cause your father drugged my dad that's why dad's reputation during his college years was controversial... so, it's going to be fine, okay?" She added. Oli took another deep breath before maneuvering the rental car to the left.

"But Shie, this is a different case, we married abruptly," He told her, remembering their impromptu wedding last week on the Guimaras Island. Last week, when they visited a church on the island, he actually had a talk with the priest beforehand. He requested for a small wedding immediately after he'll propose when they'll visit the church. He even has to tell the priest about their whole 'stressful' love story so the priest would agree in marrying them - and the priest did agree. The whole church people were even supportive to him about it. Ang mga ito pa ang nagkusang nag-asikaso sa lahat. Some even cooperated to make a 'scene' like it would be just a normal day and Shie wouldn't suspicious that something was going on.

Sierra stifled another light laugh and although he was nervous during that time, hearing his wife's happy voice somehow made him calm.

"Nasa thirties na tayo, hindi na pwedeng magpa-ala-Mommy Divine si dad," She joked. Natawa at napailing na lang din siya dahil sa sinabi nito.

"I just can't believe you're finally my wife now..." He said, glancing at her. Sierra then touched his cheek, smiling.

After all those years, more than a decade, he still can't believe they would still end up together.

"I love you," She said to him lovingly. Oli just smiled back and gave his wife a quick kiss on the lips. He's really so happy.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the Evans' residence. But before they could get out from the car, they could already see - Jake Evans, his wife's father, standing outside the house and looking grimly at them.