71

I Think He Knows

#71

●●●

"Oli!"

Sierra immediately ran towards Oli the moment she saw him waiting near the exit of the airport - holding a bouquet of sunflowers. She hugged him so tightly as Oli hugged her back as well.

"I miss you, best friend," She said to him sincerely.

"I miss you, too," He whispered. After a few seconds, they freed each other from the hug. Oli handed her the bouquet, smiling. Sierra couldn't also contain her smile while looking at her best friend.

"Hi."

Their moment of silent was stopped when Gavin, who was standing behind her, interrupted.

"A-Ah, Oli," She awkwardly introduced, "This is Gavin, my boyfriend. Gavin, this is Oli, my best friend."

"Hey, I'm Gavin Presley," Gavin offered Oli his hand. Oli gave him a tight smile and shook his hand.

"I'm Orion Lincoln Velasco."

"Gav, Oli will go with us with the dinner, then we'll tour together New York tonight," She said to Gavin and then looked at Oli. She gave her best friend another smile.

"Let's go!" She enthusiastically announced, holding the arms of both guys in each side.

●●●

"Thank you for tonight," Sierra said to Oli. The two of them were just outside of the door of the hotel room where she and Gavin are currently staying. Gavin was already inside the room - tending to their things that they brought. They just finished having dinner and touring some places in New York a few minutes ago.

"You're welcome, it's finally good to see you again, Shie," Oli replied. Sierra hugged him again. Oli wrapped his arms around her also.

"Sierra."

"Yes?" She replied, in between their hug. She was even closing her eyes while savoring every second she was with her best friend.

"Are you happy?"

She stopped for a second because of his question. Then she smiled, hugging him much more.

"I am, I know happiness may not be constant but I'm happy right now, Oli. I don't know... I just feel happy," She answered him sincerely, "Besides, if all else fail, we're still gonna have each other, right?"

She freed herself from the hug. Oli smiled and nodded, "Always."

"I'll see you again, tomorrow?" She asked him.

"Of course. I gotta go then."

Sierra nodded and gave her best friend one last hug. Oli also kissed the top of her head before freeing her. A few seconds later, she went back inside her hotel room.

Oli, realizing he has to say something to her, rush towards their hotel room door.

She needs to know.

"Sierra?" He knocked the door. He was starting to get nervous. He was even fidgetting.

The door opened again and his heart almost stopped.

"Shie--"

"Hey," It was Gavin, "Oli, what's up?"

"Uh, I need to talk to her. It's something important," Oli answered. Napansin naman niya ang pagkunot-noo nito. Gavin also crossed his arms.

"About what?"

"It's important, I just need to talk to her," Oli replied, trying to compose himself. Both of them was almost the same height.

"You can relay your message to me, she's busy with our stuff," Gavin told him as if he was trying to shoo him away.

"I just need to talk to her, just a minute."

"Look, Oli," Gavin took a deep breath while looking at him seriously, "I know you're best friends with her and you probably know each other way before me but I know... you like her. I can sense it. But she's off-limits, man. You're probably her best friend but I'm her boyfriend. There's a difference."

Oli couldn't even reply at what Gavin just said and was even surprised.

"Originally, we only have planned to stay in Seattle but because you're in New York, that's why we're here."

"We're going to Seattle tomorrow, Oli," Gavin added, "You're not going to risk everything just to lose your friendship, right?" After that, Gavin went back inside the hotel room and closed the door.

Oli then let out a defeated sigh.