Chapter Three

"Most magnificent and powerful angel of death, formed by the almighty God and given the most supreme power over all mortals born on earth and all collectors of souls of Heaven; guardian and protector of the weak and innocent." Jordyn recited proudly with her arms crossed over her chest. She bowed her head in respect, acknowledging the scribbles of Enochian all over her living room wall. Her long braided red ponytail flowed behind her as she started to dance. She jerked and threw her body in ritualistic way before gracefully stopping and continuing her prayer. "I kneel at thy feet and ask thee to be my guardian, protector, and leader. I ask thee to be ready to grant me thy justice when I call thy holy name—" A sudden thud rang through her front door but she chose to ignore it. "I—" Another loud bang interrupted her prayer. Finally, she sighed and mumbled curses under breath as she stomped to the door and swung it open. There at her door was broken and beaten Daevi and half-conscious Ninat barely on their feet. "Oh my God!" Jordyn yelled in terror before both Daevi and Ninat dropped to the floor.

Though the Olympians weren't a very favored group of individuals, Olympus was beautiful. The sacred kingdom was believed to maintain a pleasant climate all year round to sustain gorgeous mountain gorges covered with lush forests. It was an ancient acropolis with palaces made of black marble and gold situated in the mountain peaks. The land was blessed with exotic fruits, herbs and cattle. At the highest of its peaks was Mytikas and the Pantheon where the Olympians held their meetings and arguments. It's also where they held the Iméra Próklisis Ceremony. Every few thousand years, the Olympians chose a God or Goddess they found worthy enough to watch over the gods that chose to stay in Heaven so they didn't have to. And they usually make their decision according to what the Elders say.

The Elders weren't a very favored body either. Just a group of old white deities that no one really knew where they came from and walked around in tattered black cloaks. No one knew their names or what they could do. They kind of just sat there, watching, always watching. Some say they knew the first Gods to ever exist and they made decisions on their behalf. Some say they were the first gods to ever exist. No one will really ever be sure. The OlympiansZeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes, Dionysus and even Hadessat around a porcelain table ready to gamble the throne away. Above them sat three Elders overlooking the discussion.

"It's come down to Anubis and Kali." stated one of the Elders.

"What about that Anubis? He's quite the Candidate." Hera smiled in a flirty manner. "Intelligent, well-kept, profound, makes decisions with an 'iron fist.'"

"I'm not very fond of him." responded Zeus, angrily.

"Kali is quite the candidate as well." said Poisiden.

"She's a woman." interjected Hades.

"And what does that have to do with anything?" Demeter asked. "She is intelligent and strong, resilient? She's a warrior...more than worthy of ascending to the throne of Adohi Ava."

"Anubis has the experience and demeanor. We've all seen what happens when a woman is left alone on the throne."

Hera stood up from her seat. "Hades...I'm going to ignore that incredibly sextist remark. This is a matter of skill and leadership qualities but let's get it straight." she went on. "These lesser gods are out of control. They feel misrepresented and they're lashing out. Kali is different from us, she's a Hindu, her skin is dark and even her hair is different. If we put her in charge then they'll feel of sense of relation, of understanding." She sat back down. "She'll get them under control and give them...hope." The other deities looked around at each other, whispering and bickering, but eventually fell silent. Hera smiled clasping her hands together. "So, are there any objections?"