Chapter Two

"Wow..." Kaname muttered, while catching up on the most recent news stories, and scrolling through his Snapchat stories. He looked up at the TV for a moment and mumbled, "This society is really goin' to shit."

News Caster: "It's been a full decade since the integration of supernatural creatures into the mortal community. This was thought to be a monumental step forward in our journey as the human race but it has proved to be an even bigger step backward as riots and public violence continue to erupt all over the world."

His phone was tiny compared to his massive hand but its screen still lit up his face with a faint blue light. "Hey Kenny! Do me a favor..." He made a look of amusement and of disgust. "Please stop posting vids of you drunk-fucking guys...I don't need to see ya dick every time I open up my shit!"

"What...?" asked Kendell rushing over to him and snatching away his phone. Kendell had no recollection of the night before. Needles and redness poked at his eyes, dryness devoured his mouth, and his arms and legs felt heavy. All that he remembered was a flash of dirty blonde hair. After tossing the phone in Kaname's lap, he ran both his hands through his long, ash white hair. "Well this a great! I've always wanted to be a porn star." Kendell's eyes shined.

"Shit...short stuff owes me a good fifty grand!"

"And half of its mine!" Kendell said. "That's my content you're streaming."

"I wait at the very least a week before I leak my sex tapes." Kaname chuckled and suddenly shot up from the couch, clicking off the TV and his phone, and putting it in his pocket. "Anyways, I"m gettin somethin' to eat, you want anything, Kim K?"

Kendell rolled his eyes and strolled away from the living room toward his throne room that sat at the back-center of his palace. "This ass ain't fake!" He responded, slapping his own behind.

"Love you too, Kenny." said Kaname as he left through the big marble front doors.

Kendell continued toward his throne room. Lately, he was starting to realize that taking on the role of God was one of the most difficult challenges he'd ever been faced with. Kendell took out his phone and clicked it on as he pushed open one of the massive marble doors with his hip. He walked uncaringly across the room until he felt an uneasy feeling in his gut.

A man with short brown hair and porcelain white skin sat up on Heaven's thrown staring down at the floor for some time, with his fingers dwindling an amulet hanging from his neck. His soft brown eyes darted in Kendell's direction.

Kendell's brows furrowed. "Gabriel?" He inquired. "What do you think you're doing on my throne?"

"Your throne?"

"Yes, MY throne?" Kendell tilted his head.

Gabriel pushed himself to his feet. "Kendell Knight," He folded his hands behind his back. "Your services as God are no longer needed." One of his hands sliced through the air quicker than a blade and Kendell's body was thrown against one of the marble walls of the room. Kendell grunted in pain as he fell to the floor. He had enough strength to lift himself with an elbow as he walked toward him. Gabriel's wings burgeoned and arced high above his head, which fatally pointed out all of his other perfections, which were expected of archangels. With the grin of a sadist, Gabriel edged slowly toward him and stopped inches away from him. "Kendell, have you ever heard of hostile takeover? Also known in French as a coup d'état?"

Kendell managed to get up on his feet brushing the long white strands of hair from his face. "You should have done it a little harder...you know I like pain." He stretched a bit. "Now, what the hell do you think you're doing!?"

"I TOLD YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU CONTINUED TO RULE OVER HEAVEN!" He retaliated. "How does it feel to be God, Kenny?" He asked. "Why don't you go tell your army of felons they're all gonna die! And what for? Your ego?" Gabriel turned from him and strolled away. "God is dead. No one stands on the top. Not you, not anybody. But now, that absence is over. From now on...I will stand at the top of this world. I am your new God...so kneel before me or be destroyed." He went on. "Because of you, Hell and Earth will die and I will be the only one left to build a new world from the ashes of the old one..." He spun back around. "and for that I thank you."

Angels of all ranks, dressed in their traditional tribal attire, walked out from behind the large golden pillars on either side of the room, surrounding him. And one blonde, skinny and pale angel dressed in a higher level tribal golden stood out the most because she was the one who walked up to Gabriel and handed him a jar. The jar was of ancient clay and as brown as the earth. It was engraved with languages of the dead and sayings of the pre-biblical world.

The jar given as a gift to Pandora by Zeus himself.

"I knew you'd hide the jar from me." He said. "I admit it took me a little bit to find it but sure enough I proved that Adohi Ava wasn't a very good hiding place."

Kendell's eyes narrowed. "What did you do, Gabriel?"

"Nothing your imagination can't create." Gabriel smirked viciously as he gave the jar back to the blonde and walked back to Heaven's throne. As he sat down, he shouted. "As my first act of your new God, I hereby banish thee, Kendell Knight, from this sacred place. I cast you to the Earth!"

Kendell looked around. "What the hell have ya'll been smoking!?" He turned back to Gabriel. "I'm ain't goin' anywhere."

"Fine." Gabriel went on. "Then cower back in your prison."

For a split second, Kendell found himself paralyzed. His muscles tightened to a point of pain, sweat slowly drenched his skin and his heart felt like it was striking his ribcage in slow motion. He started to slowly back away from the scene before two male angels came from behind and crossed their golden spears in his path. The blonde stepped forward and paused before lifting the top off the jar. Kendell's body stiffened and a black cloud consumed his bright blue eyes. Kendell shrieked and continued to do so as a sudden cracking sound began echoing throughout the room. Countless angels' eyes locked on the ceiling above: specs of marble turned into pebbles as they fell from the ceiling and bounced off their foreheads, lips and cheeks, and lodged themselves into the corners of their eyes. The room was enveloped in darkness. Kendell's form shifted. Shifted into an entity-like silhouette of a man made of black smoke.

The floor beneath their feet began to move and pound. The castle-like structure itself shook, and the walls shrieked. The inches of marble floor separating Kendell and Gabriel shattered to pieces and was devoured by Heaven's hills. Gabriel struggled to stay in his seat but he wasn't ready to give up just yet. The cloud was only inches away from his grasp now. But the walls shrieked louder and began to close in.

"Father!" yelled the blonde angel. "We will be buried!"

He glared at Kendell and then at the scene around him before commanding the girl to top the jar quickly and flee with the rest of his followers. The black cloud retreated quickly back into its human form.