16 » YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD

[Dylan]

Dylan went to scream, but was stopped by Max clasping his hand over his mouth.

Then without hesitation, he removed his hand from covering his mouth.

"Nice to see you again," Max smirked, watching Dylan with satisfaction. "Bet you thought I was dead."

Dylan stared at him in shock, eyes almost gawking out of his head. "H-How are you alive?"

"Let's just say some helpful campers were nice enough to get me to the hospital before I lost too much blood."

Dylan was in shock. He thought he would be dead. Where the knife had stabbed him was definitely the abdomen. But how was able to survive that long before someone stumbled upon him?

"Now if you don't mind, I have some business to get back to."

Dylan at first didn't understand what he meant by "business" up until it sunk in he was going back after Danni. He sprung up out of his bed, racing to his window, standing in front of his brother. Dylan was taller than Max by a few centimetres, so he was almost leaning over his brother, blocking him from the window.

Dylan knew he was crazy for standing up to his brother, considering the last time Max did slash him across the stomach with his knife.

Then, he realized Max wasn't weapon less. He still had his knife. Max's eyes went cold once more, as he raised his weapon. Dylan wasn't sure where he was aiming for this time, until he realized it was the same place he last slashed him.

As the knife nearly came in contact with his stomach, he ordered his body to move. When his body failed to move, he waited for the pain.

That's when his body finally moved, and this time Dylan was able to move his legs, using his knee to hit him directly in the crotch. Max doubled over in pain, and Dylan's first thought was to flee.

Shoving up the window, he ducked under until he was back on his feet. Then, he leaped from the ledge.

But karma hadn't been good to him. He landed somewhat funny on his ankle and crashed to the ground, gritting his teeth.

He knew he had to move, had to keep going even if his ankle refused it. Gaining to his feet, he half limped and half ran as fast as he could, down numerous streets until he found Danni's street.