13 » DELUSION

Nobody moved.

Max released Madelyn, her limp body fell to the ground. Max stumbled forward, gritting his teeth.

"Max," Dylan stepped forward, trying to calm down his brother.

"Shutup Dylan!" He screamed "Hand Sylvia over to me!"

Dylan gripped Danni by her wrist, dragging her behind him.

"S-Sylvia? Are you nuts? Sylvia is dead! You murdered her a year-"

"Don't lie to me. I never killed her." He pointed at Danni with his knife "She's right there."

"W-What?" Danni stepped backwards, fear overcoming her.

"No Max! That's not Sylvia." His voice lowered "And besides even if it is Sylvia and she's not 'dead' why are you trying to kill her? I thought you loved-"

"NO!" He roared "I hate her! She's arrogant! She always had everything just by simply asking. She got everything and I got nothing. She was spoilt, was little miss popular right from the start of school. She didn't have to work that hard for anything. She was smart, pretty and popular. I always was the outsider-even in my own family! And I can't take it anymore!"

Danni's heart dropped. This was why he killed her. They must've been arguing over how she had everything.

Max's delusional. Crazy in the head.

"That's why I want her dead," Danni felt suddenly sick "And she will die."

Max stepped forward again, his eyes locked on Danni's.

"No!" Cameron screamed, stepping in front of Dylan.

"Cameron no!" Danni lunged forward to grab her brother but was too late. Max evilly grinned at Cameron, then slashed his knife across Cameron's thigh.

Cameron let out a blood curdling scream, collapsing to his knees as he gripped his thigh in pain.

"Cameron!" Danni cried

"Danni, no!" Dylan blocked her from Cameron "Go! Just run!"

"No!"

"Just leave!" Dylan screamed "Everyone leave! I'll handle Max!"

"What about Cameron!?" Danni screamed "Did you not just see-"

"I'll handle Max first then I'll come to his aid. Just freaking get out of here!" He hissed.

Having no choice, Danni got to her feet and followed the rest of the group.

--
(Dylan's POV)

"I'll handle Max first then I'll come to his aid. Just freaking get out of here!" Dylan hissed. He turned back to his brother.

"You probably shouldn't have done that," Max growled

"Why? Because your crazy trying to kill an innocent girl?"

"No because I'm armed and you're not," he wickedly grinned. Raising his knife, he slashed Dylan across the side of his stomach. Letting out a pained scream, he gritted his teeth as he collapsed.

Next thing he knew was Max had him in a head lock with the knife pressing lightly into his throat.

"Max-" he gasped.

"Shutup!" He dug the blade of the knife a little deeper into his throat. "You ruined my plan to kill Sylvia now you'll pay."

He braced himself, knowing that he would slit his throat. He had proved it with Madelyn.

Sensing Max was about to remove the blade from his throat, he figured out what to do now.

Although he was still in a great deal of pain on the side of his stomach, he got to his feet and connected his foot with Max's groin. Max gasped, stumbling back dropping the knife. Dylan scrambled to the knife, then pinned his brother to the ground.

Glaring down into his brothers grey eyes, he raised the knife to his throat.

"Go ahead and kill me." He said,

"I'm not going to kill you!" Dylan pressed the knife into his throat a little more.

"Of course you wouldn't. You're a whimp. Too scared to do anything but you walk around like you're not afraid. But you are! You're a-"

Dylan couldn't take the insults anymore, so instead he lowered the knife away from his throat. Letting go of his brother, he rose to his feet.

"Guess I was right. You can't kill me. You won't. Because you're afraid!" He tormented "Never could and never-"

Dylan's blood boiled.

"No I'm not afraid!"

"Yes you are." Max tormented "You wouldn't hurt a fly."

Dylan flinched.

"Stop!" He begged

"You're a whimp!" He tormented again.

"I said stop Max!"

"Dylan is a bloody-"

"I said stop!" He screamed, slashing the knife at Max.

Max froze, his breath hitched. Dylan gasped, pulling his hand away. His eyes narrowed and that's when he realized.

The knife was wedged in Max's stomach.