11 » TORMENT

"Your brother?" She exclaimed "B-But how is that possible? You both look nothing alike!"

Dylan leant his head against the tree trunk closing his eyes.

"It's not really impossible, Danni," he took a deep breath right as Danni realized this was the first time he'd called her by her nickname "My mother has blue eyes. My father on the other hand has grey eyes."

"Then what about the last name? Your sister-wasn't her name Sylvia Austin-how do you both have different last names?"

"Right. Max & Sylvia are technically my step siblings. My mum married my dad then got pregnant with me. Max and Sylvia are twins born from another mother and were only nearly two years old when I came along. I just don't go by their last name even though I should."

It all clicked together like a puzzle in her brain. Although they weren't technically related, Max was still Dylan's older brother.

"Okay a few more questions. 1) how and why did Max murder his own sister 2) why is he killing innocent girls that look alike to Sylvia?."

Dylan stared at Danni for a moment, unsure how he could explain her questions. Taking another deep breath he started the whole story.

"A year ago, Sylvia and Max were arguing over god only knows what. During the argument Max pushed her down the staircase by accident. She hit her head and instantly died. I watched it all unfold from my bedroom. After that he went crazy. I don't know why he kills those girls. I don't understand why he'd even kill a girl who looked so close to the way his own sister did."

Danni's mouth drops. "You saw Sylvia... die..? Oh my god."

All Dylan did was shake his head. "It happened and I can't get it out of my head. It was just horrible."

"You know everyone says you killed her. Why?" Danni asked, staring at him.

"Because I was the one who spread those rumours. To clear up my brothers name. Although in the end someone found out it was Max and not me-" Dylan paused. "-now I just spend my days at school alone. I keep to myself. Sit alone. Try to be someone who's so 'mysterious' everyday."

"You don't have to always be alone."

"I don't have to be, but I want to be."
---
Screams..

The first thing Danni heard was the sound of female screams. Jolting foward, Danni shook Dylan awake.

The screams got closer. Dylan peered down from his branch, then he tensed. Eyes widening, Danni peered down to find the terrifying event of Max dragging another girl by the neckline of her shirt.
Max pinned the poor girl to the tree.

"Where is she? Where is she!?" He screamed.

"I-I d-don't k-know!" She stuttered, breathing fast in terror.

Danni felt sick. She realised who Max was tormenting. Max was tormenting Anne to find her.

Danni watched as he slammed her into the tree. Turning back to Dylan, she watched as he gripped the branch, still watching the events happening below them.

Turning back to watch, she watched as Anne lifted her chin to stare up at the trees as she gasped for air. That's when her eyes all of a sudden fell on hers.

Gasping for air again, she kept her gaze on Danni. That's when Max followed her gaze. Smirking, Max let go of Anne right as she fainted, collapsing to the ground.

"Danni!" Dylan screamed, right as Max raced towards the tree.