Descendants

Ever After Five

~~~~~~~

"C'mon," Eris grabbed her hand. "Let's check out the beach house."

Reika had planned and planned and planned this special moment. She invited Eris to her daddy's beach house on that separate island, quiet and secluded.

At first, Fire Lord Zuko hadn't been on board.

"No. Not alone," he said, shaking his head. "No way."

"Hey," her mother said softly. "She's almost seventeen. They'll be back at night."

Zuko had turned and walked away, his face glum and not talked to Reika for a while.

Then, when Reika had finally approached him and asked why he wasn't talking to her, his eyes went so sad she regretted ever asking him.

"You're just . . . Growing up too fast," he mumbled.

She was overwhelmed with emotions at that point. "Dad, don't say that," she'd given him a tight hug. "No matter how old I get, I'll always be your little girl."

And now she was here.

"Ow, Eris," she hopped on the sand. "My foot."

"What's wrong?" He turned around, his green eyes fixed on hers.

"The shell. Nevermind, I'm good now. You're walking so fast."

"Sorry," he smiled shyly. "I just really wanted to see the inside. Have you seen the inside?"

"Once," she smiled back. "I wasn't very interested in the beach house when I was little, cause," she rolled her eyes, "every time we'd come, Dad would literally tell me stories of what happened in every corner of this. 'The Avatar trained with me here' Ayame kissed me here'," Reika stuck out her tongue in disgust. "Not stories I want to hear all the time."

Eris laughed. "Let's just sit down." He dragged her over to the end of the sand where the waves licked the beach, and sat down, letting the water tickle his feet. He pulled Rei down with him.

"I'll get soaked if a wave comes," Rei said, scooting back.

"You're fine. Lay down and enjoy the sun." So she lay on his arm on the warm sand, her feet dragging in the water.

"I love beaches," she sighed.

"I love beaches when you're next to me," he flashed her a smile.

"Don't you dare," she flicked sand on his face with a laugh. "That's so cheesy."

"I can't help it," he shrugged, running a hand through his dark hair. "I get cheesy around you."

"Stop," she said in a whiny voice, turning away. "Be serious."

"Want me to be serious?" He asked. "You sure?"

She nodded.

"I love you."

"Oh my God," she sat up, her face red. "Stop it."

"Can I tell you something else?" He asked.

"Not something cheesy."

"Nope."

"Fine."

"There's a wave coming." He pointed. "A massive one."

Reika's eyes widened, and she staggered to her feet, ready to run. But before she could make it away, Eris grabbed her hand and pulled her down into his lap, laughing loudly as the wave crashed over them both.

"That was so worth it," he brushed his soaking hair back. "So worth it."

"I hate you," Reika's teeth chattered as her beach clothing clung to her skin. "That was freezing."

"But you do love me," he grinned.

"Go away," she got to her feet, her long hair hanging down her shoulders, the tips hanging at her elbows. "Jerk."

"Say it, come on." So Reika leaned down, grabbing a handful of sand, and threw it at his face. He coughed, saying, "okay, that's fair."

"I love you, idiot."

He grinned wide, reaching over and grabbing her crown off her head. The rest of her hair came loose out of the bun, leaving her a soaking, beautiful mess. And then he ran.

"Catch me if you can, princess!"

~~~~~~

Aww. I love this.

Comment ideas for the next chapter! Best idea gets a dedication :)