THIRTEEN

🛑MATURE SCENES AHEAD

"What do you think you are doing barging into my room!" I say with a threatening whisper, praying my parents won't hear the commotion from down the hall, or worse yet Seth.

"Who's Conner?" He says still glaring at me with so much intensity as he bites on his bottom lip waiting for me to answer.

I don't know why but every time he gives me those angry stares I become completely and utterly turned on, I can feel the heat form in the pit of my stomach as I stand there mesmerized by this beautiful man I'm supposed to be platonic with, that was the deal I made with myself less than an hour ago.

"What?" I finally say.

"I said who is Conner?" He says now annoyed as he runs his fingers through his hair.

" I know what you said, but it's none of your business!" I say turning away from him trying to control the urge of pulling him to me and kissing him like my life depends on it. Calm yourself, Sam, you are stronger than this. I say to myself while I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

I can feel him standing behind me our bodies so close they are nearly pressed together. I don't need to open my eyes to know he has his lips in the crook of my neck, his warm minty breath sending shivers down my spine. I know he is aware of how fast I'm breathing, it takes everything in me not to turn towards him.

"Did he hurt you Sam, is that why you won't talk about him?" He whispers in my ear I feel his lips brush across my cheek as he turns me towards him, his hand under my chin lifting my face up. "Open your eyes, Sam,"

I do as he says and I'm met with piercing green eyes that swallow me in, there is no way I'm running from this man he has a hold on me that I can't break if I think I'm coming out of this movie without my heartbroken I have another thing coming.

"Answer me, Sam." He demands holding my gaze.

"Yes," I squeak out, tears forming in the back of my eyes.

"Was he a boyfriend of yours?" He asks looking hurt and angry.

I shake my head but words fail to come out as the tears begin to fall down my cheeks.

"You want to talk about it, Sam?"

"No, and please don't make me Liam," I beg as I finally look up into his eyes. I see sadness for the first time behind his eyes, all I can think of is there is no way Liam can possibly be sad for me, no this is the look of pity. This is not the rude arrogant careless man I've got to know these past weeks, or for that fact an hour ago when he was ignoring me. This man seems to have feelings, this man is here at two in the morning to make sure I'm ok, this man who has no idea about my past with Conner.

"Does being here make you remember? Is that why you have a hard time coming home ?" He asks with concern.

I'm not sure how he knows about the fact I have trouble coming home but he does which means he has been talking to someone. I shake my head in response as he takes his thumbs and wipes my tears away. He lowers his head and I know what is about to happen as I put my hands on his chest to stop him.

"We can't do this Liam, not again," I say although I know I'm lying I want nothing more than to be wrapped up in his arms, with my lips pressed against his.

"Let me help you forget Sam, just for tonight" he pleads as he brushes his lips across mine, "No strings attached, no feelings, nothing ruined between us, we just spend one night together."

"I can't be that other woman Liam, you are with Brigitte," I say as I begin to pull away from him. He instantly grabs my waist pulling me back lifting my chin so he can gaze into my eyes.